PDA

View Full Version : Northern Harrier

arash_hazeghi
10-21-2009, 06:21 AM
This is a perched harrier, he is actually hiding a vole and taking small bites.

http://www.stanford.edu/~ahazeghi/Photos/birds/northern%20harrier%20perched-low%20copy.jpg

D700 + 200-400 +1.4X TC f/5.6 1/640sec ISO 3200.

Comments welcomed.

kostas nianiopoulos
10-21-2009, 07:08 AM
good job , nice colors . i love it well done .

Jackie Schuknecht
10-21-2009, 10:18 AM
Great exposure and sharpness Arash. Do you get much noise with that camera (not a Nikon user). Very nice.

Alfred Forns
10-21-2009, 10:37 AM
.. that is one clean camera Jackie !!!

Sweet image Arash !!! Excellent PS processing, bird looks great and love the tones. As presented might take some from the bottom ( just taste) and would have been nice seeing the prey but one fine image and would love to have it in my files !!! Big Congrats !!!

Gus Cobos
10-21-2009, 11:00 AM
I like the composition, image and capture Arash,
The details are sharp with a good head angle and sharp eye. The color rendition is superb. Would recommend on taking a slice off the bottom to reduce the amount of OOF foreground, thus placing all of the attention on your subject...well done Sir...looking forward to your next one...:cool:

Thanaboon Jearkjirm
10-21-2009, 11:09 AM
Really good, love the color, feather pattern, HA, big round eye and an open beak. The background show good environment while not taking attention away from the subject, very beautiful. Agree on taking more off the bottom and wish the OOF grass in the foreground doesn't intersect the bird tail.

Lance Peters
10-21-2009, 03:13 PM
Ditto all of the above comments - I too would like to see some taken from the bottom.
TFS

arash_hazeghi
10-21-2009, 05:11 PM
.. that is one clean camera Jackie !!!

Sweet image Arash !!! Excellent PS processing, bird looks great and love the tones. As presented might take some from the bottom ( just taste) and would have been nice seeing the prey but one fine image and would love to have it in my files !!! Big Congrats !!!

Thanks a lot Al, I will crop off the bottom, and I have some with prey as well, I will post later :D

arash_hazeghi
10-21-2009, 05:18 PM
Great exposure and sharpness Arash. Do you get much noise with that camera (not a Nikon user). Very nice.

Jackie,
The D700/D3 are the cleanest cameras currently on the market, looks like the new D3s is even better :eek:

Here is the 100% crop from RAW with no noise reduction, in fact the image above did not need noise reduction.

http://www.stanford.edu/~ahazeghi/Photos/examples/harrier%20head.jpg
ISO 3200