PDA

View Full Version : Mt. Marcy From Mount Jo

Nick Palmieri
10-20-2009, 08:55 PM
This was shot a few weeks ago in the Adirondacks in NY. We took about about a 1 mile hike up Mt Joe which offfers a very nice view of the Adirondack high peaks. In the LUH corner is Mt. Marcy the highest peak in NY. Shot shortly before sunset at the peak of the foliage season. Canon EOS 40D, 24-105mm at 24 mm. ISO 100, F/22, 1/2.5s

Lance Warley
10-21-2009, 10:32 AM
Beautiful comp, Nick. Quite a scene.

To my eyes, the fg yellows and reds are oversaturated or oversharpened or maybe both. You might take a look at quieting them down a bit.

The water is stunning. Beautiful, subtle shades of georgous, lush blues.

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
10-21-2009, 10:46 AM
I agree with Lance that it is both. Nice job of a great location

Roman Kurywczak
10-21-2009, 04:18 PM
Hey Nick,
Very good assesment by Lance. Was it possible to move more to the left and avoid the tree? As presented i would get rid of the tip of the tree in the sky.....just draws the eye a bit too much. Don't know how you feel about such things....but the ski run?.....in the distant mountains could go for my tastes.....but isn't a deal breaker. Make the few tweaks suggested by lance and this will turn out nicely!

Fabs Forns
10-21-2009, 06:11 PM
You know what bothers me are the big shadows on the right hand side of the mountains. The rest is mainly post processing, with good advice given above.