PDA

View Full Version : Pad 39B awaits Ares I-X

Mark Fuge
10-20-2009, 08:37 PM
This is Pad 39B at Kennedy Space Center. It has lauched the Saturn moon missions as well as the Shuttles. It's new roll is to help with the next phase of manned space exploration with the pending launch of Ares I-X rockets. The first Ares I-X was brought out to the pad today, wish we were there. The Ares I-X will replace the Shuttle when it is retired next September.

Hope the new flights are as spectacular as the Saturn and Shuttle launches have been.

Enjoy!

Mark Fuge
10-20-2009, 08:40 PM
<TABLE style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px" class=tborder border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=8 width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR title="Post 364839" vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 width=125 align=middle></TD><TD class=alt1>Pad 39B awaits Ares I-X
<HR SIZE=1>This is Pad 39B at Kennedy Space Center. It has lauched the Saturn moon missions as well as the Shuttles. It's new roll is to help with the next phase of manned space exploration with the pending launch of Ares I-X rockets. The first Ares I-X was brought out to the pad today, wish we were there. The Ares I-X will replace the Shuttle when it is retired next September.

Hope the new flights are as spectacular as the Saturn and Shuttle launches have been.

Enjoy! </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Sorry, but hit the wrong button! :eek: Try this image. :o

Harshad Barve
10-21-2009, 04:33 AM
looks like gignatic structure
TFS

Mark Fuge
10-21-2009, 07:59 AM
Thanks for viewing and comment, Harshad. Appreciate it.

Actually it is reduced, from the original Saturn launch complex, that use to stand there, as the Ares X-1 is a much small vehicle. But still an impressive structure to see.

Noticed that the original image has a bad color cast, so here is a revised version. Sorry about that, it was a late night post after a long day. :eek:

Alfred Forns
10-21-2009, 10:41 AM
Thanks for the images Mark !! That is one fascinating area

Many years ago we got a permit to fish the area behind the Gemini Pad, needed snook and redfish for a hatchery in Miami !! .... would not believe the fish in there .. hasn't been fished since the fifties !!! :)

LouBuonomo
10-21-2009, 11:39 AM
Thanks for sharing this.. It must have been amazing to see a Saturn V launch for there.. I am sure the Ares X-1 will be cool.

Harold Davis
10-21-2009, 04:42 PM
i've got my tix for the launch on tuesday!!!!! cant wait!!!!