PDA

View Full Version : Spokane Twin Crosses

Katherine Enns
10-20-2009, 08:03 PM
These are two spires on the same massive church at Gonzaga University in Spokane, and they are lit with flourescent lights inside, but at dawn they look a little eerie. This was shot on September 11 of this year. I was feeling nostalgic and a little worried. I was on the balcony of the Best Western on the Rock, just south of the river in downtown Spokane, Washington. I used my usual Canon EOS Rebel Xsi, with my trusty 24-105 @ 105, (which I am never without). f/4.5, ISO 800. There is not much anyone can do with this image. Its either there for you or not, I think but if anyone has any ideas, please do comment. I gave this to my daughter, who is a deeply committed Christian. i hope y'all like it.

Lance Peters
10-20-2009, 09:45 PM
Hi Katherine - like the light on the crosses - nicely spotted.
Whilst I like the colours of the sky - I think it would make a stronger image to crop some from the top, about 1/3 - IMHO.
tfs :)

Alfred Forns
10-20-2009, 09:54 PM
Love the image, would only take little from the left to move the spires. Powerful image ... well seen and captured !!!

Gus Cobos
10-21-2009, 04:39 AM
Hi Katherine,
I love this capture. The contrasting colors is what makes it for me. I would crop just a tad from the left side and 1/4 from the top...well done, looking forward to your next one...:cool:

Jeff Cashdollar
10-24-2009, 09:02 PM
Nice picture like Lance mentioned too much negative space. I would use tighter crop and force focus on subjects. Love the light on the crosses but it is lost in the space of the frame IMO - nice composition - just tweak a bit. You want to create visual impact not just a picture!