Canon 20D
Canon 17/85
f.20
1/100
iso 200
Manual setting

Dave Leroy
10-20-2009, 06:36 PM
Hi Giova, It is a very interesting plant. I like how there are more in the bg. Nicely exposed and sharp. DOF works well witht he first flower. I wonder if having had the canera bit higher and getting a bit of separation between the front flower and those directly behind would have added to the appeal. I like it. Dave

Julie Kenward
10-20-2009, 07:57 PM
Welcome to the macro forum, Giova! Neat flower...I don't think I've ever seen anything like it. I do wish we could see a bit more of the stem, though. I think I might have gone the opposite of Dave and gotten lower, letting the flower in front take up more room and cutting some of the empty background (BG) down. I do like the colors and the depth of focus here...just need to work on your composition a little.

Do you speak english well? If so, feel free to explain some about how you created the image and why you used the settings the way you did. We love to find out how people go about doing what they do with their cameras.

Giovanni Frescura
10-21-2009, 01:16 AM
Welcome to the macro forum, Giova! Neat flower...I don't think I've ever seen anything like it. I do wish we could see a bit more of the stem, though. I think I might have gone the opposite of Dave and gotten lower, letting the flower in front take up more room and cutting some of the empty background (BG) down. I do like the colors and the depth of focus here...just need to work on your composition a little.

Do you speak english well? If so, feel free to explain some about how you created the image and why you used the settings the way you did. We love to find out how people go about doing what they do with their cameras.

THanks for your message
..but my english insn't good.
this is a little crop (little) because the original shhot have a part of sky in the top.
Do you think it could better?

Mike Moats
10-21-2009, 04:35 AM
Welcome Giova, and very interesting flower. The image works better without the sky. As Dave points out, you just needed a little seperation from the front flower and the baclground flowers. Also try and shoot one flower by itself rather then a group shot.

Anita Bower
10-24-2009, 12:27 PM
Fascinating flower and gorgeous color. Good suggestions above. Another is to use a larger aperture, say f11 or less, to blur the background flowers and emphasize the front flower.