PDA

View Full Version : Two Ton Teddy Bear (w/Horns)

Steve Wheeler
02-12-2008, 08:44 PM
A Texas size steer to be sure, at 2,200 lbs (998 kg) even 'Sancho' has one of those 'SPOTS'....One of those "SOFT SPOTS" that just FEELS SOOOO GOOOOD when ya scratch it just right.

This longhorn steer named "Sancho" was one of the attractions at a small native american arts fair just outside Dallas last Oct. For so much $ the kids could climb on board and get thier picture taken. Just after some kiddos got off and the pen was still open I started taking my own pictures. The owner saw this and started pettin' him and "lovin' on him".

As she scratched his massive chest moving close to "that spot" he started liftin' his big ol' head higher and higher and his eyes just rolled back like there was no tomorrow. He even appeard to have a big smile on his face!

About 2 weeks after this picture was taken Sancho won the world record for the longest horns in the "2007 Trophy Steer Class" in Glen Rose, TX. Offically measured by the International Texas Longhorn Association at 123 15/16" (314.8cm)... That's just over 10 feet along the length of the horns and just over 6 feet between the tips!

The owner says he is now the "Grand Daddy of'em all"!

It's hard to appreciate just how big a 2+ ton longhorn is in a picture. And while he was indeed a sight to behold, he was just a big ol' teddy bear with some SERIOUS horns.

Steve

Judy Lynn Malloch
02-12-2008, 10:16 PM
Those have to be the biggest horns that Ihave ever seen. The look on it's face is priceless. Thanks for sharing this wonderful image of Sancho !!!!

Steve Wheeler
02-13-2008, 12:14 AM
I know they were the biggest I'd ever seen Judy. He was/is an amazing animal!

Glad you enjoyed it!

Steve

Alfred Forns
02-13-2008, 12:19 AM
What a Tbear !!!!! Does look like he is in steer heaven Sure would be nice to meet the nice fellow !!!! Impressive !!!!

Fabs Forns
02-13-2008, 12:17 PM
What fun, that's a serious headrest ;)

Maxis Gamez
02-13-2008, 07:13 PM
Good lord!!