PDA

View Full Version : Problems batch resizing...

Josh O'Donnell
02-12-2008, 08:25 PM
Hi folks... I have tried doing a search online and while I'm sure the solution to my problem is available somewhere, it hasn't made itself obvious so I figured it would be easiest to ask the good folks here who are more Photoshop savy than myself.

Here's the deal... This weekend I will be photographing a duathlon for a an online photography service. They have pretty strict size requirements for the images, they need to be ~2400 pixels on the longest side and 1-1.5 MB in size. I will be using my D300 and D80 which obviously both have far larger files. I will be using them both on Medium size, Fine setting but the images will still have to be downsized. I have been trying to make an action in CS2 that I can use batch process the images with Bridge. In order to get to the 1-1.5 MB range I have to decrease the JPEG Quality setting when saving from 12 down to 10. Problem I'm encountering is that even when I include 'Save' (with the 12 to 10 quality adjustment) and then 'Close' in the action, it doesn't work that way when I actually go through with the batch process... Instead, I'm having to hit enter to 'save' for every image. Anyway I can get it to save automatically as part of the batch without me having to hit enter for every image? Not such a big deal with <100 images, however I expect I'll have upwards of 1500 images to process from this race and I want to get the actions worked out beforehand. Thanks for your help

Josh O'Donnell
02-12-2008, 08:50 PM
allright, after some more trouble shooting I got it worked out the way I want it (I think) so please disregart/delete this thread.

Chris Ober
02-13-2008, 10:43 PM
What was the fix? (In case others run into the same thing...)

Josh O'Donnell
02-14-2008, 08:12 AM
To be honest, I don't know actually.... I'm sure I changed something but I don't know jspecifically what it was that actually 'fixed' it. I think what I did wrong the first time was when I was recording the action, when I selected "save as", I think I must have then manually selected the file name that I wanted it to save as, and the action recorded that specific file name. Therefore, when I processed the batch, every image it processed was saved under that file name saved in the batch.

Robert Amoruso
02-14-2008, 01:16 PM
To be honest, I don't know actually.... I'm sure I changed something but I don't know jspecifically what it was that actually 'fixed' it. I think what I did wrong the first time was when I was recording the action, when I selected "save as", I think I must have then manually selected the file name that I wanted it to save as, and the action recorded that specific file name. Therefore, when I processed the batch, every image it processed was saved under that file name saved in the batch.

That's it. I have down the same thing.