PDA

View Full Version : Milkweed

Andreas Freund
10-19-2009, 09:22 PM
Last weekend I took pictures of the fall leaves. I was lucky to find this milkweed with a lot of due drops. Hope you like it.

Mike thanks again for the one to one training. I went to the same spot we had been to and I always tried to remember your tips. :)

Sony Alpha 700
Tamron AF 180mm Macro
1/320s
f/8
ISO 200
WB: Automatic
tripod
natural light w/o diffusor

Mike, Dave and Julie

thank you very much for your nice comments and the warm welcome.

I am sorry that I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Andreas Freund and I live and work as an expat for a German company here in Michigan since more than 3 years. Originally I am from Germany (near Stuttgart). Unfortunately my English isn't as good as it should be :) but I am trying to do my best. So I apologize for any language errors in advance.

I am really looking forward to get your feedback about my photos. It is the best way to improve myself! :)

Mike Moats
10-20-2009, 04:12 PM
Hey Andreas, your welcome and looks like your doing fine, love this image. The dew drops add a really nice touch. Like the position and great BG. Well done.

Dave Leroy
10-20-2009, 06:51 PM
I really like how sharp this is Andreas. Exposure looks good also. Well done. Dave

Julie Kenward
10-20-2009, 07:52 PM
Nicely done, Andreas! I do see one small hot area towards the lower right corner (LRC) that you could easily correct with the brush tool set at about 40-50%. Use the eye dropper to get a sample of the area directly below it and then lightly paint over that bright spot and it should stop your eye from wandering over there.

Great choice on aperture and exposure otherwise. Finding dew on a milkweed...what luck!

Steve Maxson
10-21-2009, 12:10 PM
The dew drops and clean background really make this image, Andreas. Well done. Keep them coming.

denise ippolito
10-24-2009, 02:28 PM
Very interesting view and the water drops are great. Nicely done.