PDA

View Full Version : Rocky

Jackie Schuknecht
10-19-2009, 08:10 PM
Was photographing waves when to my surprise this little guy popped up around three feet from me. Must have been a juv, he was quite friendly looking for food. He was kind enough to hang around to allow me to adjust my settings which I still didn't get quite right. Was at +2/3, went down to 0, and should have actually been at 1/3
40D
17-55 @ 55
1/50 s
Av Mode, Eval 0
My own critique would be that I didn't actually het the sharp focus on the eyes, and that I have blocked the shadows. The sun was close to setting here.
If nothing else, I found him pretty cute:)
Comments Appreciated. Thanks.
I have some reflection photos but not sure if they are good enough. Will look at them again tomorow.

Jeff Cashdollar
10-19-2009, 08:52 PM
Jackie,

Face looks sharp, where was center sensor pointed (DoF looks good). Composition is great and if you were just off (+/-) 1/3,.. I am sure you corrected the histogram in PS. Talk about a natural Gray-Card, I think EV=0 was good enough and the touch up can be tweaked in Post - well done. Love the eyes and nose, you must have been surprised to see this guy. I am sure he one of Gus's cousins.

Gus Cobos
10-19-2009, 09:39 PM
Lady Jackie,
This is indeed Cousin Marvin's relative called the bandit...:eek::D;) The image and capture is superb, no more...no less...well done...proud of you...:cool: The natural quality and feel is over the top...:)

CliveTonge
10-19-2009, 11:09 PM
Hi Jackie,
Wonderful capture. I don't see any blocked shadows. There is detail in the hair around his face.
If you don't see him or his family and friends, there is a similar family located in Misissauga by the Lakeshore Promenade park in front of the PCYC. They too come out just as it starts to get dark.
Take care,
Clive

Lance Peters
10-19-2009, 11:26 PM
Jackie - Big Congrats - this is right on the money!!!
Like this a lot - great composition, exposure, Eye contact - Great stuff.

I smell a IOTW.:)

OvidiuCavasdan
10-20-2009, 12:17 AM
Like the composition and eye contact. He is so cute! Very good capture and I like it a lot! Well done!!

Richard Waas
10-20-2009, 06:06 AM
Jackie this is fabulous. The exposure is right on! And the expression is to die for...... Super congrats!!!!!!

Alfred Forns
10-20-2009, 07:55 AM
Just sweet all around, excellent shadow detail, sharp and well composed.
The Strong eye contact sure makes a difference. Those guys always look to be looking for trouble !!! :)

Jackie Schuknecht
10-20-2009, 08:52 AM
Thanks for the comments everyone. I guess is turned out OK. Jeff focused with central sensor, just thought the eyes looked soft. Gus, yes it is Rocky the Bandit, and indeed he has confirmed he is Cecil and Marvins' first cousin. The first shot was quite funny and I think the camera almost flew out of my hand. Clive you will be getting some shots of the PCYC racoons I hope. I have a lead on a possible Snowy down at the Leslie Street Spit, I will let you know if anything materializes. Thanks again.

kostas nianiopoulos
10-20-2009, 09:18 AM
great image Jackie, verry cute ... well done !

Thanaboon Jearkjirm
10-20-2009, 12:07 PM
Very cute indeed, I like the shy look and expression of this little guy, the composition is great too. Even though the nose look sharper, the eyes look alright to me, and a good clear round eyes too.

Kerry Perkins
10-20-2009, 11:01 PM
Super Jackie, I just love it! I think the sharpness is fine and the exposure is very even and pleasant. The surrounding concrete makes a perfect frame and the color and tone make this a great shot.