PDA

View Full Version : Atlantis readies on pad

Mark Fuge
10-19-2009, 01:22 PM
We took a tourist holiday yesterday and went to Merritt Island NWR and Kennedy Space Center. Quite a day! :eek:;) But well worth the effort. Shot one full 8 gig disc and had a lot of fun doing it. MINWR wasn't great, as far as the birds went. Resident birds were there, but I got into some landscape work that I haven't done in a long time. Also tried some HDR images another new thing for me.

KSC is a great place to go for a day, as the day will be filled with many adventures. We took the behind the scene tour, which gets you closer to the launch pads. I would recommend both tours, but loved this one for the info and views.

More image to come of the day. Lots there to choose from! I know not everyone can go, but it is a trip for those that can. The future is now.

Enjoy!

Gus Cobos
10-19-2009, 09:41 PM
Looking good Mark...I like it...:cool:

Harshad Barve
10-20-2009, 12:27 AM
lovely image
TFS

Alfred Forns
10-20-2009, 07:51 AM
Impressive sight Mark !!! Would love seeing a night launch !!!

Mark Fuge
10-20-2009, 09:55 AM
Thanks all for viewing and comments. Appreciate it.

Impressive sight Mark !!! Would love seeing a night launch !!!

It is too awesome to say. The lauch is spectacular! I've seen two night shots, from a distance. One next to the cruise docks at the cape, just after sunset, and one from our front yard. Tried to get tickets for this one, this morning, but it is sold out within minutes of the 9:00 A.M. availability. Unfortunately they are limited and bought up by tour companies from Orlando, for the most part.

You have to work quick to see a launch, as they will be extinct as of September 2010! :eek: :( :(

Good luck and hope to see you there! ;)