PDA

View Full Version : Tetons and the Barn pano

Fabs Forns
10-18-2009, 09:33 PM
This is an 8 image pano, hurt very much by the compression. The mountains were difficult, covered by smoke from three "controlled" fires.
D3, 24-70/2.8 (thanks Hugh)
f/22, 1/10 ISO 320

Mike Robinson
10-18-2009, 11:16 PM
I'm impressed. You have certainly improved on the reality imposed on us by the National Park Service and their "controlled fires" that got out of control.

Mike

Morkel Erasmus
10-19-2009, 04:16 AM
lovely light, compo and stitching Fabs. I must visit the Tetons one day when the ZAR is stronger ;)

Judy Lynn Malloch
10-19-2009, 09:11 AM
Awesome work Fab. Really like this a lot and the finished image is outstanding. You captured it all even the mountains with out the smokey haze and then low lying mist as well as beautiful lighting. Fine work my friend !!!!!!!

Roman Kurywczak
10-19-2009, 09:49 AM
Hey Fabs,
Great job framing this image with the trees on both sides framing the barn. I also think the height progression of the LH trees and then the downward Teton progression all come together to form one outstanding pano. Originally I was going to suggest a multiplied layer on the sky.....but then felt it would compete too much with the rest.....so I think the soft colors just add another element.
I have seen quite a few images of this area and even mine.....this is one of the nicest pano's views I have ever seen! Just super!!!

Alan Melle
10-19-2009, 02:21 PM
Quite excellent! Having just come back from this area a couple weeks ago I can't believe that you didn't have several photographers in the scene, especially in this light.

Fabs Forns
10-19-2009, 02:45 PM
Quite excellent! Having just come back from this area a couple weeks ago I can't believe that you didn't have several photographers in the scene, especially in this light.

LOL, I know what you mean. There were several, but around me, left and right. Nobody got close to the barn, fortunately.

Gracias, everyone!

gary rouleau
10-19-2009, 03:17 PM
I wondering if cloning out the blue sky with the grey sky would be worth the effort. It pulls my eye away from the center piece. It is a Fabulous pano. The best I've seen.

Cheers
gary

Joe Senzatimore
10-19-2009, 06:45 PM
Fabs this magnificent. Just one minor thought. I might darken the LL corner just a bit as it pulls my eye there. Still killer.

Hugh J McLaughlin
10-19-2009, 08:06 PM
You are very welcome to say the least!!!!

H

Michael Pancier
10-20-2009, 09:47 AM
those colors are just amazing Fabs.