PDA

View Full Version : The last moment of the day at the Island of Texel Holland

Alexander Koenders
10-18-2009, 05:43 PM
Waiting fore a claudy sky with on of sunlight to get some collor in it is in Holland not so easy as in the USA. Wy that is i don't know bud it seems that in Europ the sky isn't that easy to color;)

Olympus E3, Zuiko 12-60, F8, 1/1000 sec, ISO400, 0 stop.

Fabs Forns
10-18-2009, 09:38 PM
Very nice colors indeed, Alexander. The clouds look a bit noisy, maybe running a noise reduction program would help. I may crop a bit off the bottom to get the thin line at the lower left off.

Roman Kurywczak
10-19-2009, 09:37 AM
Hi Alexander,
Very good recommendations by Fabs on the crop and noise.....this will help greatly. You may want to pull back on the Yellow saturation just a bit as it appears you are getting a bit of color bleed. Another possible thing to try is adding a bit of black in selective colors to the black channel.....just to make the silhouette pure black.
Overall well composed and the sun was placed well in the frame..... a few PP'ing tweaks will help this greatly.

Alexander Koenders
10-19-2009, 10:49 AM
Hi Alexander,
Very good recommendations by Fabs on the crop and noise.....this will help greatly. You may want to pull back on the Yellow saturation just a bit as it appears you are getting a bit of color bleed. Another possible thing to try is adding a bit of black in selective colors to the black channel.....just to make the silhouette pure black.
Overall well composed and the sun was placed well in the frame..... a few PP'ing tweaks will help this greatly.

I hope you like the repost better? Thanx fore the comments.

Roman Kurywczak
10-19-2009, 11:27 AM
Hi Alexander......I feel I led you in the wrong direction.....I took your OP and lasso'd a bit around the sun (all the reds)....then lowered the saturation on the reds only!....this kept the beautiful golden tones in the sky. I then selected the lower area and added the black and then cropped. Sorry for steering you to lower the yellows.....it was the reds and the repost will show what I did.