PDA

View Full Version : German wings

Geraldo Hofmann
10-17-2009, 03:16 PM
"German-wings" Another Blackbird (Re-winged Blackbird) from Mississippi
For me song-BIF are among the most difficult shots to capture and with Red-winged it is a little more tricky because they have to show their "German wings" :-)

http://www.hofmann-photography.de/BAN/RWB_F1O3947.jpg

ISO800 1/1000swc f=10 300mm+1.4 1 DMk II

Daniel Cadieux
10-17-2009, 04:45 PM
Very cool perspective!! I'm curious about the splash (which I love)...did the RWB swoop down to grab something, or was a this a shallow area that it was standing in and took off? To my eye it seems like the image needs a bit of CW rotation. I wish a few of the OOF FG branches were not there, but man-o-man what timing.

Axel Hildebrandt
10-17-2009, 05:00 PM
Great timing, pose and head angle. I would crop a bit off the bottom, run NR on the BG and I agree regarding CW rotation.

Harshad Barve
10-18-2009, 02:05 AM
beautiful bird and equally beautiful image , I am loving those wings ,
Great suggations by Daniel and Axel here
TFS

Wally Nussbaumer
10-18-2009, 05:14 PM
Fantastic capture, excellent detail and color. The "live" action makes the image.

Ákos Lumnitzer
10-19-2009, 02:58 PM
Great timing alright. However, it would be interesting to know the circumstances under which this was captured to complete the story. The image only tells one part. :)

Geraldo Hofmann
10-20-2009, 12:52 PM
Thank y'all for your comments! Well there is no big story behind the picture, I am part of research-team working with Rusty blackbirds on the wintering ground in Mississippi. They feed mainly on aquatic insects when spring arrives their relatives –the Red-winged Balckbirdss- start to use this resource as well. But they only forage in very shallow water and in rare cases pick up floating insects from the water surface … this is what this little fellow tried to do.<o>

</o> Cheers Geraldo