PDA

View Full Version : Egret Chase ~ Fall Marsh With Glasswort

Jim Fenton
10-17-2009, 11:00 AM
One I never processed from 2 years ago....

Image Created on Plum Island in MA with the glasswort in full fall colors.

Nikon D2Xs, 300 F4 AFS, ISO 320, F7.1, 1/750, CW metering, -.7 EV compensation

Axel Hildebrandt
10-17-2009, 12:10 PM
Beautiful fall colors and I also like the composition. I might be tempted to remove the bird on the ground but like it as presented.

Morkel Erasmus
10-17-2009, 01:14 PM
lovely interaction in a great setting - the white egrets are nicely offset against the rich fall colours. also fine with it as presented...

Harshad Barve
10-17-2009, 01:16 PM
lovely compo and colors in image ,
TFS

Bill Dix
10-17-2009, 02:21 PM
Nice capture of egret interaction, catching both birds with open wings. The Snowy bystander on the right makes it interesting to me, but it would also make a great shot by cropping him out and focusing only on the interaction of the two Great Egrets. Fall colors are lovely against the white birds.

Phil Ertel
10-17-2009, 06:02 PM
Hi Jim, I like the color of the glasswort very much. I find the pose of the white egrets pleasing. I especially like the water trailing from the feet. I do think is nice as presented and I think it would also work without the Snowy (it that is within your ethics). Thanks for sharing.

Jim Fenton
10-17-2009, 07:02 PM
I kinda like the snowy in there but I suppose it might work as well without it to some.

Daniel Cadieux
10-17-2009, 07:58 PM
Gorgeous setting you had in front of you! The colours are fantastic. I like the action, and the pano crop works well. To me its the Snowie's awkward place in the frame that makes it look odd there...it's rather close to the edge and kinda unbalances the comp...if there was more room behind it that could work.

arash_hazeghi
10-19-2009, 05:38 AM
colors and multiple egrets in the scene take this shot to the top. It is an excellent habitat and behavioral candid. I like the snowy in the frame, it looks as if it's watching the big guys get into a fight :D