PDA

View Full Version : Calibration issues with Vista 64

Chris Brennan
10-17-2009, 10:55 AM
(I have also posted this thread on FM)

Not too long ago, I replaced my "dead" Dell desktop with an HP p6140 desktop running Vista 64. It uses an Intel 8200 chipset with integrated graphics. I still use my older Dell 19" monitor, and a Pantone Huey color calibrator. Although I downloaded the newest driver from Pantone, I still have issues with the monitor going in and out of calibration. I've logged several calls to Pantone but they seem to not be able to deal with it. I've resigned myself to the fact that I may need a new color calibrator but could these issues also be part of the integrated graphics in the chipset? I'm willing to get a graphics card as well to solve this issue.

Most people indicate that this is probably a Vista issue, and since accurate color is a priority to me, I'd be willing to install another (more stable) OS like XP Pro 64. I understand that I would not be able to take advantage of the 8 GB of RAM if I installed a 32-bit OS. I hestitate to wait until Windows 7 comes out because there are surely going to be driver issues...

I look forward to your responses...

Dug Threewitt
10-17-2009, 09:05 PM
I wouldn't bet on Vista64 being the problem unless it doesn't like the Pantone Device. I calibrated mine with the eyeonePro from work and haven't had any issues at all. Although I have a Radeon video card too, so it could be a conflict with the intel chipset. Sorry, not much help....

Paul Granone
10-19-2009, 12:31 PM
I am using Vista 64 Ultimate with a Datacolor Spyder 2 Pro.
Datacolor has 64bit drivers for Vista 64.
no problems - the device works well