PDA

View Full Version : Huevo Frito

Juan Carlos Vindas
10-16-2009, 07:54 PM
Fried egg, that's the name this bird has in CR, that's because of the sound this guy makes early morning or late afternoon.

Canon 30D
Canon 35-350@350mm
F/5.6
AV
ISO 1250
1/80sec
Tripod
House-made blind
Cropped from horizontal
CS 3

(White-throated Crake, Caribbean race)

Harshad Barve
10-16-2009, 08:55 PM
lovely looking species and compo , first time for me
TFS

Axel Hildebrandt
10-16-2009, 09:34 PM
Interesting name, I'm not really sure what sounds fried eggs make but I'll take your word for it. :) I like the pose and composition and might sharpen the bird a tad more. Was a lower angle an option?

Juan Carlos Vindas
10-16-2009, 09:58 PM
Interesting name, I'm not really sure what sounds a fried eggs

I wish I could upload the sound file so you could listen it. Sadly I couldn't get any lower.:)

Marina Scarr
10-17-2009, 10:57 AM
You have a nice pose here. Think the bird's head needs a bit of sharpening. My first thought was also that I would like to see a lower angle but noticed from this vantage point the dark branches in the BG would probably be going right through the bird.

Phil Ertel
10-17-2009, 06:24 PM
Hi Juan, Interesting bird with a equally interesting name. The pose and composition nice. If it were mine I would try toning down/desaturating the green (especially in the background) a bit. Thanks for sharing.

Ilija Dukovski
10-17-2009, 09:44 PM
Any shot of a rail is worth compliments, this is lovely with great bird HA.
More sharpness would be great as mentioned below.
Congrats!

Ákos Lumnitzer
10-19-2009, 02:44 PM
I don't mind your angle at all amigo. The BG nicely softens as it goes further back from the bird. Love the name of this species. I would sharpen the eye area a little more.

I may be able to help find you a sound file! :)

Ákos Lumnitzer
10-19-2009, 02:51 PM
Here is a link to four sound files. :D

I think the last one may be what you refer to esta huevo frito?

http://www.xeno-canto.org/browse.php?query=Laterallus+albigularis

Juan Carlos Vindas
10-19-2009, 07:52 PM
I don't mind your angle at all amigo. The BG nicely softens as it goes further back from the bird. Love the name of this species. I would sharpen the eye area a little more.

I may be able to help find you a sound file! :)

Thank you so much Akos. I have the file but I don't know how to upload it.