PDA

View Full Version : Infrared Live Oaks

Mark Hilliard
01-02-2008, 12:52 PM
This is an INFRARED image of a reflection pond surrounded by Live Oaks in Murrells Inlet, South Carolina

Canon 5D INFRARED ONLY body
Canon 17-40L with Polarizer
f/8
1/160s

Jason Vaclavek
01-02-2008, 02:25 PM
I love how it makes the foiliage look like ice.

Vince Pack
01-02-2008, 02:59 PM
Stunning image - technically and aesthetically. Good exposure balance between the highlights on the left and shadow detail on the right. I'm a bit biased toward IR images, anyway, but this is a nice one! Ever do any HDR work with these sorts of shots? That could be an interesting addition to your "toolbox" while working in IR...

Jason Hahn
01-02-2008, 05:58 PM
Looks like a perfect winter scene, never would have guessed it was SC :)!

Very strong image, the stillness and clarity of the reflections is very appealing. You could also look at cropping it to pano, taking off the bottom with the left bank exiting the frame right at the lower left corner. Just a different presentation, I think it works very well as you have posted it.

Jason

JasonI

Mark Hilliard
01-02-2008, 05:59 PM
No, I havent done any IR HDR's yet, but have done several color ones with the MK3. So far I find myself running around all over the place with the IR body and cant seem to stand still long enough in one spot to seriously consider HDR! I guess that you could consider me "addicted" to Infrared to the point that ALL of my other photography is suffering! in the past 2 months I have posted at least 200 IR images to my stock site (see below) and only 2 or 3 color ones!

Vince Pack
01-02-2008, 08:22 PM
I'll have to drop you a line next time I head down towards C'town. We try to get down there a few times a year. I keep toying with the idea of buying a used D70 or an old D100 and having it converted. Too many other "needs" competing right now.