PDA

View Full Version : D3S wildlife video

Graham Smith.
10-16-2009, 01:41 PM
I'm sure many of you have seen this wildlife video, shot by Vincent Munier with the Nikon D3S. But if not, it's worth a view. However, I still think video on a DSLR is a pointless feature...especially w/o autofocus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R46ca9zBP4A

John Blumenkamp
10-17-2009, 07:43 AM
Vincent Munier is amazing to me... I love his vision and style.

His blog is something I checkout often (as well as his website).

Ed Cordes
10-17-2009, 08:23 AM
It is a good watch.

Sabyasachi Patra
10-18-2009, 08:05 AM
A much effective way of marketing.
Canon started it with the 5D II video done by Vincent Laforet. Lets wait for Canon's new 1 Series.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Richard Peters
10-18-2009, 08:08 AM
I love it. I thought video was pointless but I've seen so many awe inspiring videos shot on DSLRs now that I think I only thought it was pointless because I couldn't see the creative possibilities. Now I can, I am all for it.

Gene Potter
10-18-2009, 10:02 AM
I got to think that a D3 is in my future, but nobody has it in stock. I can’t say if I’d use the video if I had it? What I want to know is if the additional ISO or bell and whistles worth the cost and how much will Nikon price differentiate between the two. Also, you got to know the D4 will most likely debut in the fall of 2011.

Wayne Millar
12-03-2009, 10:25 AM
Hi, it is my understanding that higher level DSLRs have incorporated video capability in order not to lose the lucrative photo-journalist market. If a photo journalist had a camera that had the capability of running short clips that are high resolution and also had the capability of recording sound and transmitting the package to a journal website, it would have a powerful impact on how photo journalists work. Some newspaper companies now insist on video clips from journalists rather than single shot images.