PDA

View Full Version : Rock with Fall Colors

Roman Kurywczak
10-16-2009, 11:44 AM
Fall has arrived here in NJ and I went out the other day photographing with Dave Mills and others to a new spot for me. It was sunny.....and that was necessary to capture the colors reflecting into the water...yet the rock was in shade. The water was flowing entirely over the rock and I liked the abstract look to this one with the long exposure on the water flow.....for me the pattern of the water flow was just as important as the rock and colors.
Canon 1D Mark lll with the 28-135mm lens at 90mm for 1.3 seconds at f29 and ISO 100. Circular polariser used to eliminate sheen. All tripod mounted on Graf Studioball head.
I do have to invest in a pair of chest waders though.....as I fell into the drink right B4 this image.....fortunately w/o the camera in hand.

Fabs Forns
10-16-2009, 03:35 PM
Very nice compo and colors. I wish the water was not flowing over the rock so it would have kept more sharpening in the center. Water flow very nice.
Was the water cold????

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
10-17-2009, 07:28 AM
Thanks for sharing Roman. Here you tell me to get my waders out and you are without.

I had a guy with me who had the special waders with the felt bottoms and was telling me how he would not slip on the rocks and I better be very careful since I did not have the special waders. Special waders went for a swim but I gabbed his Hasselblad before it went in, the fun of photographing waterfalls.

Robert Amoruso
10-17-2009, 08:07 AM
You did capture some interesting patterns Roman. Diagonals - and you know I like those lines. :)

Morkel Erasmus
10-18-2009, 07:26 AM
very interesting abstract Mr K :)
like the colours and lines you captured

Mike Fuhr
10-19-2009, 08:40 PM
Love the lines on this one. That rust color is wonderful also. Almost looks like a water color the way the water blurred everything. Very nice.