PDA

View Full Version : Mirror, Mirror, GBH

Roman Kurywczak
10-16-2009, 11:33 AM
Working through some of my Florida files during the recent rains......this was taken at Little Estero with the reflected blue sky. Lot's of other birds around just out of frame so I was fortunate to get no intrusions in a few frames.
Canon 1D Mark lll with the Sigma 300-800 at 434mm and f6.3 and 1/5000 sec.(was doing flight shots moments B4) ISO 800.....all tripod mounted/wimberly head. NR run on BG.

Graham Smith.
10-16-2009, 12:02 PM
Nice one Roman,
This guy is a beautiful specimen, and the lighting is awesome. I'm not usually a big fan of these types of reflection compositions, but I like this one alot. Did you have to do any clean up on the water to get it so mirror-like?

Roman Kurywczak
10-16-2009, 12:09 PM
Hi Graham,
one spot RH frame edge......then the rest were dust bunnies on my sensor! I've got to clean it big time!

Stu Bowie
10-16-2009, 01:05 PM
Hi Roman, I like the light, colours and sharpness, and no wonder you can capture such a clear reflection with that still water. I lined up the tip of the beaks and feel this needs a very slight CCW rotation. Still a pleasing image and well captured.

Daniel Cadieux
10-16-2009, 01:27 PM
Hey Roman, I love the overall feel to the image...I just wish the reflection's head wasn't so blurred - especially with the rest of the body looking so good. I like the long fine feathers drooping over the wing feathers.

denise ippolito
10-16-2009, 01:42 PM
Roman, Beautiful lighting and sharpness. I like the mirrored look to this. Very nice water color.

Mital Patel
10-16-2009, 01:48 PM
man 300-800 with natures best possible creation and experienced person's presence only could create this frame. am rolling on ground Roman .. i just loved the frame.

arash_hazeghi
10-16-2009, 01:54 PM
Hi Roman,
The reflections are simply amazing, the GBH must have been very steady not to cause any ripples. sharpness and everything else spot on.

Ben Egbert
10-16-2009, 02:10 PM
Very nice reflection shot. I don't even mind the tightness of the crop.

Tony Whitehead
10-16-2009, 02:57 PM
Super light, pose and focus, Roman. On my monitor I would ease back on the sharpening of the plumes a little. May be an option to clean up the little dark line extending back from the leg reflection on the left. Looks like one dust bunny bottom left escaped. Very peaceful feel.

Fabs Forns
10-16-2009, 03:06 PM
Almost perfect reflection, with good subject. Plumes are bit oversharpened, easy to do with these birds. Overall, very soothing.

Arthur Morris
10-16-2009, 07:23 PM
Hi Roman, I like the light, colours and sharpness, and no wonder you can capture such a clear reflection with that still water. I lined up the tip of the beaks and feel this needs a very slight CCW rotation. Still a pleasing image and well captured.

As the bill reflection is a bit distorted it would be better to line up the end of the tails.... I am thinking that the image is pretty close to square to the world.

The image rocks as noted above but the slightest breeze kept you from reflection perfection....

Harshad Barve
10-16-2009, 08:44 PM
lovely compo , expo and reflections
I liked it much as presented
TFS

Morkel Erasmus
10-18-2009, 03:41 PM
missed this!! lovely image Roman. I'm a sucker for reflections - too bad about the ripples :)

Ákos Lumnitzer
10-19-2009, 02:34 PM
Don't mind the slightly ruffled reflection. Love the seamless transition and agree that it is a touch too sharp. Absolutely love it!