PDA

View Full Version : Big bear pose

Mike Tracy
02-12-2008, 06:04 PM
From the shores of Halo bay, AK. late last summer under dreary skies. Soliciting ways to improve it. This is probably cropped 50%.

1DMKIII, 1/640, f7.1, ISO 400, EF 500 w/1.4x, always hand held.

Alfred Forns
02-12-2008, 07:23 PM
Hi MIke this is one fine image Well exposed sharp love the pose claws showing a big plus and good looking bg The one thing you could have done is move down or up at the time of making the image Would move the dark strip from intersecting the eyes Big Congrats on this one Very fine image !!!!

Bill Keown
02-12-2008, 07:59 PM
Really nice sharp image with good framing. Like the alert look that you captured. Agree about the dark line through the ear/eye line. I wonder if a curves adjustment would make it pop a bit more.

Robert Amoruso
02-12-2008, 10:12 PM
I would try some local contrast enhancement.

Local Contrast Enhancement using Unsharp Mask: Amount 20%, Radius 30, Threshold 4
Stronger Local Contrast Enhancement using Unsharp Mask: Amount 20%, Radius 60, Threshold 4

I agree with the previous posters comments.

I like the alert look on the cub. One thing I was doing on my bear images is to selectively sharpen the eyes.

Mike Tracy
02-13-2008, 08:09 AM
Thanks for your suggestions. I did a local contrast enhancement and though the changes were subtle it made it markedly better. Also selectively sharpened the eyes. I haven"t figured what to do with the intersecting horizon.

D. Robert Franz
02-13-2008, 08:59 AM
All the above suggestions were valid. A nice image overall... A lower angle may have helped on the horizon but nothing you can do with it now...

Ed Cordes
02-13-2008, 09:42 PM
Alert pose and good sharpness. I agree about the line. Careful, slow cloning at high image magnification in PS can get rid of it. May take a while, but it will be worth it.