PDA

View Full Version : Nova Scotia Sunrise

Dave Leroy
10-15-2009, 11:17 PM
Taken last week at the home of one of my in laws. This was taken on the path from their deck to the lake. The low fog/cloud bank in bg is over the Atlantic Ocean, and the gravel bar separating the lake from the ocean is just visible on the right. It is a beautiful setting. 50D, 17/40 at 33mm, 1/45, f/16, ISO400, ff and hh.

Roman Kurywczak
10-16-2009, 09:01 AM
HI Dave,
While I am not usually the biggest fan of branches/things protruding into the edges of the frame......the branches on the right don't bother me......they actually make a nice pattern from largest to smallest and make a pleasing framing element....only the bare one on the left mg must go. I do wish you had a touch more seperation of the boat/dock???....in the FG with the trees but thesilhouette is nice and dark with the main tree placed nicely in the frame. Only suggestion is to lighten the top half of the sky a bit with a levels layer to bring out some more of the wonderful color and textures and then the same thing for the lower right portion...from the boat/dock?....to almost the RH corner....just so the water doesn't blend as much with the silhouette.......be careful there as I really don't want to see the boat as much....so just a very slight one there.....the sky is the star and you composed it nicely.....even with the house as part of the silhouette!

Dave Leroy
10-16-2009, 10:40 AM
Thanks Roman. I'll try out your suggestions. I did have lighter exposures, but the brightest part of the sky was too hot. Dave

Fabs Forns
10-16-2009, 03:38 PM
I love the colors here. If this were mine, I'd make it a vertical pano cropping off the left to get the main tree off the center. Just an idea :)

Dave Leroy
10-16-2009, 04:14 PM
I am not sure if I lightened the sky a bit too much, water lrc looks better to me; I also separated dock from small bush and cropped off the left. After looking at the bits and pieces where it would be nice to have a small separation, one can appreciate a tripod more. Dave

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
10-17-2009, 07:35 AM
The sky is awesome, your repost looks to bad the house is in the way.