PDA

View Full Version : TriColored Heron #3

Daniel Belasco
10-15-2009, 10:22 PM
canon 1dMKIIN 100-400mm 5.6 lens @ 400mm f5.6 1/320 sec iso 800

Obviously getting real close towards nightfall. Can't decide to make the bird or the palm frond reflection my subject matter. Cropped only 5%

http://newimages.fotopic.net/?iid=1ymc6t&outx=600&noresize=1&nostamp=1

Ákos Lumnitzer
10-16-2009, 02:04 AM
Looks like it may just benefit a touch from CW rotation, but only a little. Lovely mood in this image Daniel. Like the wide view and think a pano crop may also work well with it. It has a painterly feel for me. :)

Harshad Barve
10-16-2009, 04:21 AM
Looks like it may just benefit a touch from CW rotation, but only a little. Lovely mood in this image Daniel. Like the wide view and think a pano crop may also work well with it. It has a painterly feel for me. :)

Ditto Akosbhai here
TFS

Tony Whitehead
10-16-2009, 05:26 AM
Love the reflections in the water and sharpness of the bird. Easiest way to get things level in this image is to use the measure tool and drop a line from the bill tip to the tip of it's reflection and then rotate canvas/arbitrary - comes out at approx 1.5 degrees CW on this one.

Roman Kurywczak
10-16-2009, 10:08 AM
Hi Daniel,
Good advice given on the rotation already. I am not the biggest fan of the BG but did find the palm frond reflecting quite interesting. If you browser crop up off the bottom....eliminating most of the brighter areas....more to a pano......this keeps the palm frond reflection yet minimizes one of the bigger distractions. I would still consider patching out/smooth a few of the other reflections above the tri's head....but only if you are OK with such things......just the Pano crop alone will strengthen the image IMO.