PDA

View Full Version : River Rocks

Alfred Forns
10-15-2009, 09:40 PM
From Yellowstone NP, stream with some rocks. Stopped at a few, new for me, tried the new Vari ND filter. Tried framing in camera without any cropping.

Comments welcome and much appreciated

Canon Mk3
100-400 IS
f 14 1/2 sec
Av +1
ISO 100

Jackie Schuknecht
10-15-2009, 10:06 PM
Like the comp and feel of the water Al. I would just darken the edges with a bit of a vignette. You did a good job of framing in camera.

Dave Leroy
10-15-2009, 10:50 PM
Nicely done Alfred. I like the feel of the water constantly pushing against the big old rock in the middle. Parts of the photo look like a painting and part photo. Interesting use of the 100/400. Well done. Dave

Roman Kurywczak
10-16-2009, 08:53 AM
Like the comp and feel of the water Al. I would just darken the edges with a bit of a vignette. You did a good job of framing in camera.
Hi Al and Jackie,
Al must remember that I am not fond of vignettes:D.....but in this case it may work.....glad to see it w/o;).
I like the in camera framing and the bit of flow visible on the right leading us to the rocks and undulations of the water.
Very nicely composed and see you had some fun with the vari ND!

Douglas Bolt
10-16-2009, 09:30 AM
Wow, Alfred. This is a wonderful image and a classic teaching lesson in composition. It has all the elements: S-shaped curves, diagonal angles, dark foundation at the bottom, balancing elements at the corners to name a few.

I'd be interested in seeing a repost with vignette, but I'm thinking now that I'll prefer this one.

I really like this capture and that you created the scene in camera.

Alfred Forns
10-16-2009, 11:35 AM
I actually darken the corners a bit, tried more and started looking strange !!!!

Got some more I will be working on ... got hooked an that filter and the 3 stop Grad ND :) .. Roman is a bad influence !!!! :)

Fabs Forns
10-16-2009, 03:39 PM
I like this one very much, right amount of blur an very pleasing compo.

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
10-17-2009, 07:37 AM
Great job Al, very nicely composed