PDA

View Full Version : Assignment: Textures and Colors - "Uncle Cecil"

Gus Cobos
10-15-2009, 09:29 PM
Assignment: Textures and Colors - “Uncle Cecil”

Note:
The capture was done at a steep angle from a bridge and at 12 noon in harsh mixed lighting. This was the only opportunity offered by this frisky, illusive little guy, who kept on hiding and dodging underneath the pillars of the bridge.

This is my frisky little friend Uncle Cecil the Otter, a local resident of Miami’s Metro Zoo. Uncle Cecil just finished feasting on fresh fish and posed a moment for his portrait. Uncle Cecil was painted with a Nikon D300s, using a Nikkor 300mm f/4D IF-ED lens, with a Nikkor 1.7 T/C.

Image Solution:
focal length @ 510mm / exposure mode @ aperture priority / in camera spot metering / 1/640 sec. - f/6.7 /exposure comp @ -1.0EV / ISO @ 500 / white balance @ auto / AF - Mode @ manual / color space @ sRGB / lighting solution – ambient light / tone comp @ 1 degree / hue adjustment @ 2 degrees / saturation factor @ 2 degrees / support platform – tripod assist with remote electronic trigger release.

Comments greatly appreciated...:cool:

Lance Peters
10-16-2009, 04:26 PM
Hi Gus - dont you wish that camera's had CONTROL LIGHTING dials - sure know I would like one ;)
he looks a little evil.

Alfred Forns
10-16-2009, 04:35 PM
Haven't met Uncle Cecil but sure would like to !!! Didn't know we had any !!! ... they are a challenge !!!

Nick Palmieri
10-17-2009, 08:12 AM
The rock in the URC may be a bit bright and distracting, but overall nice exposure in tough lighting conditions. Nice capture and cool subject.

Jeff Cashdollar
10-17-2009, 08:45 PM
Gus, if you ever have a family reunion let me know, I want to bring a 32 Gig card.