PDA

View Full Version : Fall Is Almost Here

Mike Moats
10-15-2009, 12:12 PM
Leaves are turning and some good looking colors this year, rather than the blotchy brown colors of the last couple years. This was shot a couple weeks ago in a swamp before the colors started to pop.

Fuji S5, Tamron 90, Tripod, Natural Light, F32. 1sec. ISO100

Jackie Schuknecht
10-15-2009, 07:02 PM
Like the moodiness of the photo and the comp. Mike. Really like the tension of the water circles around the leaves and the colour in the LRC, but I hate to think of what is around the corner!!!:(

Paul Burgess
10-15-2009, 07:51 PM
Neat shot!! I found the colours in the LRC somewhat distracting.

-Paul

Julie Kenward
10-15-2009, 07:52 PM
I'm laughing to myself because I think we skipped fall and went straight to winter around here - although our leaves are starting to turn (and it looks to be a beautiful year here, to) but man, is it cold already!

I, too, am a big fan of the swamp oil/leaves on the water images you do, Mike. Although this one is fairly busy and has a lot of focal points I really like it. My eye goes from the water tension to the colors and back to the leaves - I never get tired of looking at it. I'd love to see this in a big print - I bet it's stunning.

Steve Maxson
10-16-2009, 10:39 AM
Hi Mike. Every portion of this image is sharp and interesting, but for my taste, overall there is too much going on here all at once. The bright colors in the LRC really draw my eye, but then it bounces around to all the other interesting sections of the image. As they say - we all see the world differently and this one doesn't work that well for me. (Looks like another minority opinion.) :)

Anita Bower
10-17-2009, 06:38 AM
I love how the water frames the leaves. The slow shutter speed creates beautiful lines, colors, textures which work perfectly with the sharp focus on the leaves. Wonderful to find/create such beauty in decaying leaves.

Nick Palmieri
10-17-2009, 08:00 AM
Very nice effect. I think the LRC colors are a bit distracting as well but overall very nice!