PDA

View Full Version : Composite

Paul Lagasi
02-12-2008, 04:59 PM
Hi today was good day to stay inside...it was -23C (-9F), had and old photo of the moon and the photo of the RedTailed, carefully copied Redtail and copied it to photo. I think this is where it should go. Can't wait for spring, even camera hates the cold. Thanks.

Ron Spomer
02-12-2008, 05:09 PM
Hmmm... Doesn't quite work for me due to lighting mismatch. That low-light moon was illuminated by a low, low sun, yet the hawk is brilliantly lit. Might be better if it were slightly underexposed with a moon-matching tinge of mellow yellow. Better yet, make it an owl.
Ron

Fabs Forns
02-12-2008, 05:41 PM
Hey Paul, great idea! I think the Hawk could go a bit further left in the moon to avoid center position. About the light temperature issue, it all depends what the intention is. If you want it to look real, you'd need to adjust the Hawk's color. But you can take an artistic license and make it a surreal effect, in which case, it would be acceptable in my opinion :)
Good job on extracting the Hawk!

Paul Lagasi
02-12-2008, 11:23 PM
Thanks Fabs and Ron for help...wasn't trying to make it look real thats why I left hawk...but tomorrow will try to move it off center...thanks..lol..wish I had an owl to use Ron

Paul Lagasi
02-14-2008, 03:10 AM
Listened to both comments, changed Hawk for a copy that was darker, taken on overcast day and moved subject off center...I will probably re-extract this hawk when I get home, don't have CS here at work only PS6...thanks for help