PDA

View Full Version : Bass Harbor Lighthouse at sunset

Andreas Freund
10-14-2009, 09:38 PM
Here now the second photo of the Bass Harbor Lighthouse. This time I took the picture at sunset. I was lucky to catch the red light of the lighthouse. Hope you like it. :)

3 pictures (-2EV 0EV +2EV) / f/9 / 1/40s / ISO200 / fl 13mm

Michael Pancier
10-14-2009, 10:18 PM
I love this lighthouse and it was difficult to leave it. I note you took this from the top of the rocks. Was there any space in the rocks below when you arrived? lots of comps from down below on the rocks.

Andreas Freund
10-14-2009, 10:55 PM
Hi Michael,
unfortunately not! I was too late and the rocks below were already occupied :(. So I had to take what was left over ;)

Roman Kurywczak
10-15-2009, 09:51 AM
Hi Andreas,
Those prime spots below fill up quickly! I do like the comp you chose from above. Too bad you didn't have more clouds there as the space between the LH and clouds is quite prominant.....but you can place an order for them.......so I think you did the best with what you had. I do notice a bit of blue cast/foggy look on the diagonal in the evergreens and rocks below the LH......probably from PP'ing.....try adding a few points of black in selective color and see if that gets rid of it.
Nicely composed overall and nice job waiting for the light to come on!

Fabs Forns
10-15-2009, 11:48 AM
Agree with the abive critique. You can also add black in the PM processing. It takes good care of the washed out midtones.