PDA

View Full Version : Alluvial Fan - RMNP

Jared Gricoskie
10-14-2009, 08:38 PM
Been taking folks up to photograph the alluvial fan in Rocky, but finally had some time for myself to get a few shots. This was my favorite shot of the afternoon, plus I got to watch a few dippers along the way. Good cloudy afternoon.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2623/4012379981_d3218b2241_o.jpg

D300, ISO L1.o, 36mm, f22, 1.3 sec, tripod, remote release, mirror lockup, singh ray 1.3 stop polarizor, and 2 3x GND's one up one down, lightroom 2 and CS3

Roman Kurywczak
10-15-2009, 09:46 AM
Hey Jared,
Sweet!!! Maybe a hair more room above the top but I love the way you used the FG rocks to lead us to the falls and the perfect choice of SS to accentuate the water even more. Nice job including the puddle and FG rocks too and sharp throughout. Interesting/creative.. using the filters.....one up and one down to make a solid ND. Very well done!

Fabs Forns
10-15-2009, 11:49 AM
Very nice composition, except for the tight top of the frame. Great idea to stack the filters and good use of foreground.

Rich Ikerd
10-15-2009, 01:34 PM
Wonderful composition and great lighting Jared. I'll echo all of Roman's comments as well. A bit more room at the top and this would be exceptional.

Jared Gricoskie
10-15-2009, 02:01 PM
I agree in a perfect world where nothing distracting was above the rocks I would have included a bit more room, but above those rocks was more small falls that made a white line coming in and out of the corner since its not all visiable from the position I was in. I tried that composition and it was extremely distracting and ruined the flow of the upper part of the image.