allanrube
02-12-2008, 04:47 PM
Shot with D300 500 afs1 lens with 1.4tc
1/2000 f/8 -.7ev iso 400

http://www.pbase.com/allan/image/92882398.jpg

Jim Neiger
02-12-2008, 04:52 PM
Hi Allan,

Very nice capture of this Bald Eagle in flight. The fish adds alot of interest to the image. I also like the fanned tail and composition. This is a difficult exposure of the dark and white bird partialy in sun and part in shadow. The head seems a bit overexposed and it looks like you used the shadow highlight tool selectively to bring out some details in the shadows, but missed the little spot of sky betwwen tail and wing when you made the selection. The spot of sky appears lighter than the rst of the sky.

Kaushik Balakumar
02-12-2008, 06:08 PM
nice BIF image with good composition. just one nit that the raptor looks over-sharpened/noisy in the underparts of the wings...

rgds,
Kaushik

Blake Shadle
02-12-2008, 06:30 PM
Anytime you get the chance to photograph a bald eagle it's special, so good working capturing this moment. There a couple things that I think would add to the quality of the image. I'd like to see the bird's head turned in your direction (right now there is very little eye contact), and there is some noticable shadow/highlight glow around the bird.

Judy Lynn Malloch
02-12-2008, 07:10 PM
Very nicely framed and I like the fanned tail in this capture Ias well as the wonderful action. Nits have been covered. Thanks for sharing.

allanrube
02-12-2008, 09:52 PM
I used d-lighting in Nikon NX, which is similar to shadow-hight in PS. It works on the entire image, though, not a selection.

Would reducing this get rid of the "glow"? (I guess I can try)