PDA

View Full Version : sunset@Mono lake october 10

Vermenton
10-14-2009, 03:53 PM
sunset@mono lake october 10 2009. I never see so many photographer at mono lake. Car were park behind each other, just a lot of people there to take picture of the cloud and the reflection of the tufa.

Roman Kurywczak
10-15-2009, 08:51 AM
Hi Vermenton,
Please post the specs; SS, F stop, ISO, camera, lens used, and if a tripod or filters were used, and if any affects were applied in PP'ing......this will help us better evaluate the image.
I have been to mono lake several times and have seen extraordinary colors.....but I also used a filter to jack up the colors as they appear a bit over the top. I do like the composition with the FG uder water rocks leading us to the back Tufa. A split ND filter on the diagonal or even horizontally would have tamed the brighter area some. My biggest issue with the image as presented, it doesn't appear sharp. This could have been caused by several factors......hand holding at slow SS's, not enough DOF, or many others.....this is why posting the specs can hekp us offer possible solutions easier and help everyone learn.

Vermenton
10-15-2009, 11:08 AM
20s
F19
ND 3
ISO 100
Canon 40D
Tripod

the reason why the water is redish is the sky above was red hot

Fabs Forns
10-15-2009, 11:50 AM
Very nice composition, but instead of red, the clouds and water look magenta. Easy fix adding some green in Color Balance.

Vermenton
10-15-2009, 11:53 AM
thank you for the advice