PDA

View Full Version : Great Fountain Geyser 4

Roman Kurywczak
10-14-2009, 02:56 PM
Here's another perspective of great fountain geyser pool and the dramatic lcouds......no split ND's used but I did use an enhancing filter and warming filter stacked. Lot's of layers used in PP'ing......mostly on the sky to bring out as much of the details as I could.
Canon 1D Mark lll and the 17-40mm lens at 17mm at f16 and 3.2 sec. and ISO 100 all tripod mounted.

Morkel Erasmus
10-14-2009, 11:35 PM
what a dramatic sky Roman! lovely colours and the reflection in the FG holds my interest enough as well.
is that some artifacting in the centre of the sky at the top (the gap in the clouds), or just a thin wafer of clouds?

Ramesh Adkoli
10-15-2009, 06:08 AM
Another excellent image, Roman. I like those subtle variations of hues in the sky. For me, star of this image is the sky and a bit cropping of the pool might help, i guess. TFS.

regards,
ramesh

Roman Kurywczak
10-15-2009, 08:34 AM
what a dramatic sky Roman! lovely colours and the reflection in the FG holds my interest enough as well.
is that some artifacting in the centre of the sky at the top (the gap in the clouds), or just a thin wafer of clouds?
Thanks Guys! Morkel, I see what you are talking about and will check.... Good eye!
I do also like it with the crop off the bottom Ramesh.....just above the darker band so thanks for the idea!

Fabs Forns
10-15-2009, 11:51 AM
Upi really got dramatic skies, Roman, we were not as lucky. Lovely compo and pp.

Rich Ikerd
10-15-2009, 01:25 PM
Wonderful sky and great that you can see the steam rising from the center, but this one just doesn't work as well for me as your earlier post of Grand Fountain. Guess its a bit too dark at the bottom. Not having the water reflect some of that gorgeous sky is probably the culprit for me feelings toward this one.