PDA

View Full Version : Bird Sound recordings

Kiran Poonacha
10-14-2009, 06:15 AM
Sorry this is my first thread other than a image or on an image, Hope it is in the right Cat.

Can you guide me to a website or help me get a CD with birds sounds of Asian subcontinent, I have been reading a lot about using bird sound for photography at BPN. would like to try this out, also I would be greatful if you could advice me as how to do it the right way.

Please guide me.

Regards,

Kiran Poonacha

Harshad Barve
10-14-2009, 06:22 AM
Kiranbhai ,
Would you like to record or buy a CD :confused::confused:

Harshad

Kiran Poonacha
10-14-2009, 06:29 AM
Bhai, I would like to download the sounds or buy a CD

Harshad Barve
10-14-2009, 06:41 AM
mail at bser@birdcalls.info

www.birdcalls.info (http://www.birdcalls.info)

cell no +91 9766265732 +91 9890384400

I hope it should help

Kiran Poonacha
10-14-2009, 12:36 PM
Thanks Bhai, great help

denise ippolito
10-14-2009, 01:02 PM
Kiran, Check out Daniel Cadieux's thread in the Educational Forum. It has alot of info and educational advice and I feel it is a must read for anyone thinking about doing this. Hope it helps.
Here is the link
http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=37765

Jackie Schuknecht
10-14-2009, 01:45 PM
Hi Kiran,
There is a program you can download for you Ipod or IPhone called IBird. Not sure if it has Asian subcontinent, also I got auxiliarly speakers for it (run off AA batteries) as I found the sound from the Ipod was not loud enough. You might need speakers as Daniel suggests in his thread.

Ákos Lumnitzer
10-14-2009, 04:48 PM
Battery powered speakers are the go mate. :) But I found over the past year I rely far less on sounds to attract birds. The real challenge is approaching them without any help.

Kiran Poonacha
10-15-2009, 02:04 AM
Thank you for the Info guys, its a great help, I agree Akos Bhai, I have never use sound or bait for photography till now, I want to photograph a couple od cute bird from the western ghats, they are forest dewllers and never come out. Its a long shot, dont know if it will work too.

But surely will take care in this experiment, birds are a part of my life, they have changed me as a person, I was a alcoholic and into other bad stuff but after I started birding I have given up all that without any other help, people around me find it very hard to beleive, I wouldnt do anything that would harm them.

Thanks Again,

Kiran.

PS: can you suggest me some site to download calls

Ákos Lumnitzer
10-15-2009, 03:23 AM
But surely will take care in this experiment, birds are a part of my life, they have changed me as a person, I was a alcoholic and into other bad stuff but after I started birding I have given up all that without any other help, people around me find it very hard to beleive, I wouldnt do anything that would harm them.

PS: can you suggest me some site to download calls

Kiranbhai
You are strong and that is admirable. Some day I may tell you a few stories from my life. :) Hats of brother.

PS. I am not able to help with Indian species, but Aussie. Yep. ;)

Wish you well. :cool: