PDA

View Full Version : Hairy

intoit
02-12-2008, 03:25 PM
just taking a break from snow flakes before I bore everyone to death....
here's a little furry guy I shot last summer and since Peter posted one I will too:-)
shot indoors as it was windy and dark out that day,
with black foam board for bg
8 sec
f/14
ISO 200
100mm
natural window light

Bill Foxworthy
02-12-2008, 04:50 PM
Excellent detail, sort of looks like a bottle brush. :)

Kaushik Balakumar
02-12-2008, 06:30 PM
love it all the way. sharp image, well exposed...

TFS.

rgds,
Kaushik

Bill Keown
02-12-2008, 08:29 PM
Nice detail and esposure appears right on to me. Personally not wild about the black BG.

Mike Moats
02-12-2008, 09:30 PM
Hey Intoit, I really like this shot, I think the bushy grass at top and the cat on bottom balance real well. I know we all have different opinons on the black BG, its not a natural look, but it has a artsy contemporary look. Congrats on this one.

Robert Amoruso
02-12-2008, 10:28 PM
I am liking this a lot including the black BG. Grass is just right, lighting soft and DOF just right. Well done.

Fabs Forns
02-12-2008, 11:31 PM
I think it's fantastic. You have a fan now :)

The black bg adds drama.

Blake Shadle
02-12-2008, 11:45 PM
Very nicely done. I like the composition and excellent details. There are a couple black dots to the left of the little critter that I might remove ;)

Peter M. Noyes
02-13-2008, 03:04 PM
Intoit, I like your caterpillar very much. Do you know what kind of a caterpillar it is? I don't think I have ever seen one like it before.
Congratulations on a beautiful picture!

intoit
02-13-2008, 07:08 PM
Thanks to all for your comments. Blake - I'll have to stick in it PS and up the brightness 'cause I can't for the life of me see them as is - must be monitor differences or I'm really going blind - thanks for pointing that out though as I don't like dots like that when I see them on other people's shots:-) Peter, I have tried to find out what kind of caterpillar this is since I shot it and no matter how I google it I can't find anything that looks like this. If you ever come across another one please let me know and I'll certainly do the same:-)

Blake Shadle
02-13-2008, 07:53 PM
Thanks to all for your comments. Blake - I'll have to stick in it PS and up the brightness 'cause I can't for the life of me see them as is - must be monitor differences or I'm really going blind - thanks for pointing that out though as I don't like dots like that when I see them on other people's shots:-) Peter, I have tried to find out what kind of caterpillar this is since I shot it and no matter how I google it I can't find anything that looks like this. If you ever come across another one please let me know and I'll certainly do the same:-)

Yikes!! I need to make some adjustments to my monitor at work, cause I swear that background was somewhat gray! Looking at it now (at home) I can't see them.

Ed Cordes
02-13-2008, 08:32 PM
Detail, Detail Detail- This is outstanding! I like the diagonal comp a lot. If I were to try to find a nit I would suggest that the lighter circular area in the lower right corner of the BG be made to match the rest of the BG. The area I am referring to is just under the Cat and just to the right of the stem. However small nit on an outstanding presentation.

Jeroen Stel
02-15-2008, 03:21 AM
Excellent use of exposure and great detail!
Love it!

Greetings,

Jeroen Stel

intoit
02-15-2008, 08:34 AM
Thanks for taking another look Blake - I thought it could be a monitor difference, although when I did raise the curve I saw what Ed was referring too - I've also printed this and it's turns out ok so I'm gonna leave it as is. Don't know what the cirlce of lighter colour is - perhaps the foam board but either way it doesn't show up when printing. Again, thanks for all the kind comments:-)