PDA

View Full Version : Not easy to do

Fabs Forns
10-13-2009, 05:12 PM
When you are photographing an icon, it is extremely hard to find a new perspective, as in the case with this barn.
I hope I got one, if not unique, at least not one very widely done.
Mormon Row, GTNP
This is a three image HDR, processed in Photomatix and Nik Color Efex Complete.

Model: NIKON D3
Lens (mm): 24
ISO: Lo1
Aperture: 22
Shutter: 1/25 (for the darker one)
tripod and cable release used.

Michael Pancier
10-13-2009, 05:53 PM
Beautiful scene Fabs. I hope to get out there soon. I'm not familiar with the cliche scenes, but this one looks fresh from this perspective.

Nancy A Elwood
10-13-2009, 08:02 PM
Fabs this is just lovely. Not overly done with such a great sense of depth and atmosphere. It is a magical place!

Dave Phillips
10-13-2009, 08:10 PM
HDR done quite properly as HDR is intended(finally)....thank you.
And a wonderful perspective

Nagesh Mula
10-13-2009, 08:20 PM
Hi Fabs, I like this perspective very much and the fact that the HDR is done very smoothly.

Dave Mills
10-13-2009, 10:09 PM
Hi Fabs, Been there 3 times and you certainly got a new perspective. I like the ominous look to the image with the angry clouds and the coming storm. The tree with it's withering leaves adds to the feel. Nicely handled!

Morkel Erasmus
10-14-2009, 01:15 AM
great natural-looking HDR Fabs - you gotta show me your settings on Photomatix for this :)
lovely scene and I like the perspective and depth here, as well as the rich colours and moody skies.

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
10-14-2009, 05:21 AM
Very nice job Fabs, I find my eye going to the right of the tree so I browser crop on the right side of the tree and it seem to frame the cabin in better for my eye. Great composition.

Nick Palmieri
10-14-2009, 07:34 AM
Nice HDR and very nice overall image. I love adding trees, rocks and things in the FG for perspective, not always well received... I wonder what others feel about cropping this image to remove objects to the right of the tree???? My eye was not pulled there but since Dennis mentioned it I keep looking that way...

Robert Amoruso
10-14-2009, 01:35 PM
Image has a nice flow from right to left - eye travels from tree to barn, along lines in grass, etc. HDR work superb. Well down all around.

When did you go there Fabs?

Harold Davis
10-14-2009, 02:22 PM
you already know this one is my favorite!! awesome awesome awesome!!!

Roman Kurywczak
10-14-2009, 02:34 PM
Hi Fabs,
I've only phtotgraphed and seen this a billion times so it's always nice when people try different perspectives. I like the comp as presented......the amount of trunk is just right for me and the ROT placement is also nicely thought out. Love the depth and anger of the clouds and the HDR work is outstanding.
Very well done and fresh perspective ofh an often photographed subject!

Fabs Forns
10-14-2009, 02:42 PM
When did you go there Fabs?

Just came from there, we took Dale's tour again. Shame that they had three fores (controlled) going, making the Tetons hazy.

Thanks, everyone!

Rich Ikerd
10-15-2009, 01:19 PM
Wish I could make a suggestion on how to make this better Fabiola, but there just isn't anything wrong with it. The HDR processing gives a very realistic view of the scene and a wonderful sense of depth and the perspective is one that is definitely not common. Gives me some ideas for my next trip out that way. Well done!!

Katherine Enns
10-17-2009, 09:30 PM
I looked at his for a long time. I am not familiar with this site, but I do know Cordilleran light and physiography and what it looks like, at its best, at this time of year. This photograph lives and breathes! Old cottonwood, beaten fall pasture, ominous clouds, that first cold fresh snow on the mountains and weathered sawlog construction. This is an AMAZING photograph.

Fabs Forns
10-18-2009, 09:16 AM
Thank you guys!

allanrube
10-18-2009, 06:35 PM
Fabs or anyone else into HDR,
I took a few images of a scene at different exposures thinking it would make a good HDR "blend." I just wonder how you take into account moving clouds. My 3 shots were a few seconds apart from each other but you can see different cloud locations in each shot.

Fabs Forns
10-18-2009, 06:55 PM
Fabs or anyone else into HDR,
I took a few images of a scene at different exposures thinking it would make a good HDR "blend." I just wonder how you take into account moving clouds. My 3 shots were a few seconds apart from each other but you can see different cloud locations in each shot.

Allan, if it's windy, I use the Auto-bracket feature and the rapid fire, or continuous high and go for it. Only way to do it.
Clouds you can edit in p/p but not vegetation.