PDA

View Full Version : Rocks in Yellowstone

Judy Lynn Malloch
10-13-2009, 04:02 PM
We had such a wonderful time playing with a slow shutter speed and Fab and Alfred were so gracious as to let us use their neutral density filters which made a world of difference. Many thanks Alfred and Fabs.

Nikon D3,
Nikon 24 to 70 mm
1/5, F22

All comments are appreciated.

Fabs Forns
10-13-2009, 05:17 PM
Nicely done, Judy, you could have gone even darker for a slower water. I was wondering how this would look flipped horizontaly, so the water flows the way we read, left to right?

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
10-14-2009, 05:36 AM
Very nice Judy, nice flow and color though the rocks or it looks like gold, did you wade out and grab your gold nuggets. I think darker would of help also

Judy Lynn Malloch
10-14-2009, 08:48 AM
You know Dennis I never thought of gold. I guess I missed my chance :(:(

Jackie Schuknecht
10-14-2009, 01:40 PM
Hi Judy, I like it as presented. Like your SS to give a nice flow to the water. I am getting really picky but I might take out that stick top/middle.

Robert Amoruso
10-14-2009, 01:42 PM
Always hard to try to decide how to frame these and avoid edge disturbances but you did it well. Water going right to left adds tension to the image as it causes the brain to view the image in a way we normally don't scan pictures or words.

Well done Judy.

Roman Kurywczak
10-14-2009, 02:29 PM
Hi Judy,
I see you got to play with one of my favorite filters! I like the flow but would also probably prefer this a touch darker.......and maybe a hair more room on the left for the flow......but that may have introduced other unwanted elements. Next time you get a chance go even longer!.......I find that rapids tend to do really well with the super long SS......waterfalls depend mostly on flow amount.....so you have to be careful with them.