PDA

View Full Version : Teton Sunrise

Mark Fuge
10-13-2009, 11:57 AM
Seeing Al and Fab's great image at the Tetons, brought back memories of this image that I took many years ago. Unfortunately, I had to scan from a print, as the original was on slide film and not accessible at the moment. But I thought maybe some have memories as I do, of similar special places at special times.

This was taken one early morning when I got up alone, others chose to sleep in, and drove the 30+/- miles from our camp site in Jackson to the point of capture. It was soup thick fog and night, as I continued to try to keep on the road and hoped I was alone, as far as traffic was concern. After about an hour drive I rounded a bend and this was what I was previleged to view, as the sun rose across the valley and came down the face of Grand Teton. It was well worth the ride.

Unfortunately, the scan from print lost some of the image effect. But hope you enjoy.

Harshad Barve
10-13-2009, 01:01 PM
beautiful image
TFS

Gus Cobos
10-13-2009, 02:20 PM
This is a beautiful majestic sight Mark...I have to go there one day...:cool:

Alfred Forns
10-13-2009, 05:17 PM
Grand Teton is one impressive sight and the entire group a total sensory overload !!! I think they look best with some snow on top !!! Love it !!

Mark Fuge
10-14-2009, 07:34 AM
Thanks for viewing and comments. Appreciate it.

The range is beautiful, but I wish I had a digital shot of this sunrise. Guess I just have to go back again. :o Shucks! :( ;) :D :D