PDA

View Full Version : "Are You Looking At Me"

Gus Cobos
10-13-2009, 04:48 AM
“Are You Looking At Me”

This little guy was feeding near the bird fountain and decided to hide from me in the bushes and then flew up on the tree. After five minutes or so, he peaked to take a look at me, and I took his portrait. This shy fellow is a resident of Miami’s Metro Zoo. He was painted with a Nikon D300s, using a Nikkor 300mm f/4D IF-ED lens, with a Nikkor 1.7 T/C.

Image Solution:
focal length @ 510mm / exposure mode @ aperture priority / in camera spot metering / 1/10 sec. - f/6.7 /exposure comp @ -0.7EV / ISO @ 500 / white balance @ auto / AF - Mode @ manual / color space @ sRGB / lighting solution – ambient light / tone comp @ 1 degree / hue adjustment @ 2 degrees / saturation factor @ 2 degrees / support platform – tripod assist with remote electronic trigger release.

Comments greatly appreciated...:cool:

DeanNewman
10-13-2009, 01:47 PM
Gus,
Obvious you know your way around PS. Why did you leave the excessive BG noise? Straight up question; no hidden point.

Gus Cobos
10-13-2009, 02:22 PM
Hi Dean,
Good question...I was working off my laptop, not my big screen, and it did not look that noisy...good eye...:):cool:

Lance Peters
10-13-2009, 04:19 PM
Our brothers an sisters are sharp Gus! Thats Good!!!
Great point Dean and NEVER hesitate to ask a question or put your point forward. (We are all Human and always learning)

Interesting fellow Gus - that must be some zoo you guys have there.

Alfred Forns
10-13-2009, 09:41 PM
Those guys are some kind of tough to capture under the conditions and seldom go after them !!!! Feeding time at ten thirty seems to be the best chance !!

Richard Waas
10-14-2009, 07:13 AM
Image looks noisy on my screen too, but I love the the comp and capture..... The colors and background are fabulous!