PDA

View Full Version : Sea Foam Bubble's

Bill Foxworthy
02-12-2008, 01:32 PM
Canon 40D, 100-400L @ 400mm
1/1250, f/7.1, sunny day, Spot Metering, ISO 400,
Just playing around when no shore birds around :)

Mike Moats
02-12-2008, 02:06 PM
Hey Bill, a simple subject that most overlook, good eye to spot this. I'm a big fan of abstracty stuff like this and I really like the patterns and color variations. If you get a chance to shoot this again I would stop your lens down and get more DOF on the whole image and bring the complete image into focus. With digital it doesn't cost to shoot more images so always shoot at different f-stops just as you do with bracketing exposures, and then choose what DOF works best when you get home on the computer.

Bill Foxworthy
02-12-2008, 02:47 PM
I saw that fault also Mike and that was my fault for not stopping down. Just a quick shutter push and move on if you know what I mean. I will remember that next time!

Mike Moats
02-12-2008, 03:02 PM
Hey Bill, I know what you mean and I tend to do alot of quick shooting myself, but if I find a really interesting subject I will bracket many f-stops and exposures just to make sure I get the right one. Sometimes you look at a subject and think it won't turn out to be much, and then your suprised that it came out really cool when you get home only to find that your exposure was off or the DOF was all wrong:( Keep em coming.

Bill Foxworthy
02-12-2008, 03:06 PM
Yep, will do!

Robert Amoruso
02-12-2008, 10:18 PM
Interesting idea and I agree with Mike's suggestion on the DOF.