PDA

View Full Version : Bridal Veil Falls

Jackie Schuknecht
10-12-2009, 03:38 PM
This is a three image HDR put through details enhancer in Photomatix.
The whites were pretty bright so I did some some multiplying of layers.
40D
Tripod
f22
ISO 400
Varying SS
Small crop from the bottome and right.
403MG file reduced to a small jpeg.
Comments/Suggestions Appreciated, thanks.

Fabs Forns
10-12-2009, 04:18 PM
Nice job, Jackie. Remember in you HDR, the darkest histograms should have no blown highlights and the brightest should have no blocked shadows. That way you are within the full tonal range.
The sky look fine to me, but the water looks a little grayish. When this happens use the highlight smoother to keep the whites white.
Very interesting perspective!

Robert Amoruso
10-13-2009, 08:05 AM
I agree I like the perspective.

I think it good that you got blue and white clouds in the sky as it makes that part of the image more interesting. I tried some different variations - opening up the shadows, warmer tone, etc. and liked the results. You might want to try playing around with it some more.

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
10-14-2009, 05:44 AM
Good eye Jackie, the sky adds a lot to the image

Roman Kurywczak
10-14-2009, 02:07 PM
Hi Jackie,
This is a different perspective than normal and I like the way the trees frame the falls. Good advice given above on lightening certain areas. I would also offer that you could explore a further crop from the bottom.....eliminating the bottom rock altogether and then taking proportionally of the right and left....as I like the central comp. You could also do the bottom crop and then just take off the left......moving everything off center......just another possibility to play with. All in all well concieved and just a bit of tweaking will bring this to its full potential.