PDA

View Full Version : Wreathed Hornbill ( Aceros undulatus )

Harshad Barve
10-12-2009, 07:10 AM
Dear all
Made this image in Ulta Pani in Assam with D300, 300mm , ISO 200 at F5.6
This is a rescued bird who was freed in wild in 2007 but keeps on visiting village , Ulta Pani

All C & C are most welcome and much appreciated
Harshad

paul leverington
10-12-2009, 07:18 AM
Oh my god this guy is cool!! Dude-- if you could just get him lit up against a dark background...... WOW! You have a great opportunity with this one. Just the beak with all it's obvious "history" could make a great story. Does he fluff like this often?

Paul

Man I like this bird!

David Fletcher
10-12-2009, 07:31 AM
Super shot Harshad. Impressive character! See where Paul is going but the crested feathers make it quite complicated to remove bird onto a dark bg and would suggest darkening oof highlights as an option. If this is cropped, there appears less highlights upper left and would suggest using that area to perhaps mask from.

Harshad Barve
10-12-2009, 07:34 AM
Super shot Harshad. Impressive character! See where Paul is going but the crested feathers make it quite complicated to remove bird onto a dark bg and would suggest darkening oof highlights as an option. If this is cropped, there appears less highlights upper left and would suggest using that area to perhaps mask from.

This is 90 % of FF ,
that much of PP work will take years for me :o

Axel Hildebrandt
10-12-2009, 08:05 AM
This guy looks pretty majestic. :) I like the sharpness, exposure control and colors and wish for a better head angle and find the bright spots in the BG a bit distracting. Could you have moved a bit to your right?

Harshad Barve
10-12-2009, 08:07 AM
This guy looks pretty majestic. :) I like the sharpness, exposure control and colors and wish for a better head angle and find the bright spots in the BG a bit distracting. Could you have moved a bit to your right?

Unfortunately he offered only couple of images and flew away

Mital Patel
10-12-2009, 08:30 AM
gr8 going and fantastic opportunity you have captured in a beautiful way harshad.

Manos Papadomanolakis
10-12-2009, 09:24 AM
nice looking bird with beautiful pose and details!

Juan Carlos Vindas
10-12-2009, 10:23 AM
Striking bird.

Great set of feathers and colors here.

Stu Bowie
10-12-2009, 10:27 AM
Impressive looking hornbill Harshad. I like the varied detail and colours on him, and agree, toning down the highlights in the BG will work.

denise ippolito
10-12-2009, 11:08 AM
Very cool looking bird Harshad and great details!HA noted. Well done-I hope you get more chances w/ this awesome looking bird!!

paul leverington
10-12-2009, 03:02 PM
Actually I was thinking you to get another crack at shooting him--not bg replacement in PS. A little better head angle though that might be worth trying I suppose, hopefully he comes back and stays for a while to let you shoot him in different bg's and light.. Maybe you could put out his favorite snack.

Paul

Dan Brown
10-12-2009, 03:15 PM
Wow! what a species! Nice capture Harshad! Nice and sharp. Hope you get another chance at a lower angle!Thanks for sharing!