PDA

View Full Version : Piatra Craiului in the fall (1)

Bogdan Coltea
10-11-2009, 01:51 PM
Hello
I've spent a wonderful afternoon in a remote meadow, west of these beautiful mountains.
This is a HDR file obtained from 3 separate images for correct exposure on all planes.
Hope you like it. C&C welcome

http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/9127/poienitatamas3.jpg (http://img387.imageshack.us/i/poienitatamas3.jpg/)

18mm, f/22, ISO200

Harold Davis
10-11-2009, 04:24 PM
this is way cool for me!! i like the shrooms. only thing i might suggest is a little more room right and left. and i just wonder if you could bring out some more contrast/saturation in that middle peak? nice job!!

i just saw that this was HDR. great job!! i didnt even notice it.

Ed Vatza
10-12-2009, 04:14 AM
I really like the layers here starting with the grassy foreground with the mushrooms, the tree line, the colorful peak, the snow-covered peaks and ending with the sky. They just keep pulling me deeper and deeper into the image.

Roman Kurywczak
10-12-2009, 09:17 AM
Hi Bogdan,
very nice HDR work. I like the angle here and the placement of the 3 mushrooms. Did you try this from a lsightly higher angle also???....gettting the tops of the mushrooms? It would be interesting for comparison but my bet is that this is the stronger presentation.
Very nicely done!

Bogdan Coltea
10-12-2009, 01:38 PM
Thank you all very much.
@ Ed
The mountains are not covered (yet) by snow. They're limestone and glow quite a bit in late afternoon - deceivingly white I'd say.

@ Roman
I did several compositions of this scene, one of them being ~6 inches higher.
The mushrooms look better, but I could not include the entire scene in the frame.
My lens is limited to 18mm and cropped the entire sky out.
Looking back, though, I should have tried a vertical stitch.

Robert Amoruso
10-13-2009, 08:30 AM
THe vertical stitch is a good idea Bogdan. A well executed image. I really like this as you used the FG, middle ground and BG very effectively here to add different layers of information to the image that draws the viewer in.