PDA

View Full Version : Heart and Soul #1

Daniel Belasco
10-11-2009, 11:07 AM
I took this 2 days ago late in the evening. Yes the image is dark, but this was just before sunset and it was getting real dark. Theis image is a good representation of how how dark it was getting.
The yellow patch of light on the water is a reflection off the golden core of a Palm fron branch. These are Golden Coconut Palm Frons and the frons are 15-20 feet long. The weight of the branch bends the branch towards the water and once the branch touches the water it starts to turn colors (rot)--reds, browns, yellows, and the good part of the branch stays green. When the sun hits these branches an ensueing pallet of colors erupts. The core of these frons are bright yellow and this patch of light is a result of the sun hitting that core.

The colors only lasts a few minutes and changes in the hue and intensity happen every minute. With only 1 or 2 one meter long spots on the 100 meter long pond my chances of capturing the image I have in my mind are not very good. Couple that with the fact that this was the only bird on the pond that evening and you get the idea of the problems I encountered.

canon 1dMKIIN 500mm f4 Is @ f4 1/800 iso 800

http://newimages.fotopic.net/?iid=1yklzp&outx=600&noresize=1&nostamp=1

Joe Senzatimore
10-11-2009, 12:18 PM
I think you overcame your problems very well. I like it very much. Very different and interesting.

Michael Stern
10-11-2009, 08:09 PM
Daniel,
Very photo and nice colors !! On your Golden Pond I guess!
Michael

Harshad Barve
10-11-2009, 10:05 PM
intresting image and lovely colors
TFS

Paul Randall
10-12-2009, 01:28 AM
Might be a contender for a square crop? Not many people like these but it may work here as all of the interest (subject and colours) are in the bottom two thirds.
Fantastic that you visualised the shot you wanted to take and made it happen. Well done.