PDA

View Full Version : Theme: another peaceful scene

Kerry Perkins
10-11-2009, 01:41 AM
Just one more from the Salton Sea this week. :) I used DAP for the watercolor look.

Thanks for looking...

Harshad Barve
10-11-2009, 03:14 AM
lovely effect here Kerry , love the placement of bird in frame
TFS

Ed Vatza
10-11-2009, 04:01 AM
Very nice effect here, Kerry. I really like the colors and as for the texture, I feel like if I touched the computer screen I would feel the texture!

denise ippolito
10-11-2009, 06:32 AM
Beautifyl Kerry! I love the shades of blues along w/ the DAP. I like the placement of your bird and the position is nice so you can see it's entire outline. Nicely done!

Dave Phillips
10-11-2009, 07:03 AM
sweet watercolor effect Kerry.......I'm still undecided if I like
the horizon splitting the bird. It does seem to have a hidden meaning of sorts,
like being a creature divided between water and air

Mark Fuge
10-11-2009, 09:52 AM
Nice image and application, Kerry.

Patti Edens
10-11-2009, 10:15 AM
I don't have much original to add except to ditto some of the previous comments. I love the blue colors, the placement of the bird in the frame and I believe the watercolor treatment was perfect for the scene and to promote the feeling of peacefulness.

Christopher Miller
10-11-2009, 12:42 PM
Can't add anything to what's already been said. Beautiful image, Kerry! Love the watercolor effect.

Kerry Perkins
10-11-2009, 12:52 PM
Thanks for the kind words everyone! I just love this place and I hope it shows...

Dave, you have an uncanny knack for getting inside my head! I had pondered over this shot quite a bit regarding the intersection of the gull by the water line and decided that it worked for the reason you mentioned. It also echoes the delineation of the bird's own plumage between the wings and the white of the head and breast areas, which happily forms a nearly right angle with the horizon. Too much thought about an image? I don't think so! :)

denise ippolito
10-11-2009, 03:02 PM
Kerry, Congratulations! Your image will be our IOTW wildcard pick! Great job!!

Dave Mills
10-11-2009, 04:24 PM
Hi Kerry, Very nice job with the effect. The bird silouette is strong center of interest...