PDA

View Full Version : Assignment: Textures and Colors - "Biscayne Bay"

Gus Cobos
10-10-2009, 07:44 PM
Assignment: Textures and Colors – “Biscayne Bay”

Note:
This is an HDRI composed of nine frames.

This is the view of Biscayne Bay from the south back side of Bayside Market Place in downtown Miami. The image was painted with a Nikon D300s, using a Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5 – f/5.6G ED VR lens.

Image Solution:
focal length @ 18mm / exposure mode @ aperture priority / in camera matrix metering / 35 sec. - f/22 /exposure comp @ 0EV / ISO @ 200 / white balance @ cloudy / AF - Mode @ manual / color space @ sRGB / lighting solution – ambient light / tone comp @ 0degree / hue adjustment @ 0 degree / saturation factor @ 0 degree / support platform – tripod assist with remote electronic trigger release.

Comments greatly appreciated...:cool:

Hilary Hann
10-10-2009, 10:21 PM
I like the colour range in this image, especially in the sky. Not sure about the bleed from what may be neon lights … is this usual for HDR images? I haven't done any HDR work so not sure about the parameters.
The reflections are shown beautifully. The technique really seems to suit this image.

Jeff Cashdollar
10-10-2009, 11:14 PM
Gus, it is great, you bring this city to life!. The building on the far right see tilted. Does the picture need CW rotation?

Richard Waas
10-11-2009, 07:41 AM
Gus, I love the comp and the HDR is awesome.... A quick shift in perspective takes it over the top for me....

Thanaboon Jearkjirm
10-11-2009, 08:39 AM
The colors in the sky and reflection in the lake fit the building well. Really like the colors in this image. The building on the right do look suffer from distortion.

Alfred Forns
10-11-2009, 05:39 PM
Need to try that perspective Gus !!! Not bad for an eating outing the some images !!!

Gus Cobos
10-11-2009, 07:07 PM
Mr. Forns let me know when you want to do Bayside, and I'll get the Miami Gang together and our one and only Doctor Davis for the dinner/photo shoot field trip...:D
Mr. Waas, thank you for the distortion correction, your expertise is appreciated, let me know when you want to get together, before your trip...:):cool:

Harold Davis
10-13-2009, 04:45 PM
food and photography......now you are talking!!!! i'm game!!! anytime, and looks like it may get cooler this weekend...finally. i got my fingers crossed.

i like what richard did with the repost. makes a difference. the long shutter speed made the water nice and silky. just the way i like it!!

Richard Waas
10-14-2009, 06:56 AM
Food, photography, good friends..... I'm in!!!