PDA

View Full Version : Kylesku bridge.........

Tom Dolezal
10-10-2009, 01:46 PM
from the underside

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u314/erding/_69I6775.jpg

Kylesku bridge in NW Scotland - A slightly different view of the bridge.

Technical: Canon 1Ds Mk3, Canon 16-35 Mk2,, focal length 19mm, f/11, 1/100, 0 EV, ISO 200, 0 EV, AV mode

C&C always welcome.

Thank you for looking.

Fabs Forns
10-10-2009, 06:27 PM
Very interesting perspective with the wide angle distortion. Good EXP, only wish you didn't have the shadows in the pillars.

Roman Kurywczak
10-11-2009, 12:19 PM
Hi Tom,
Agree with Fabs.....unusual perspective and strong.... but the shadow on the uprights does take away some of the impact.....does look like you may be able to get there when the shadows aren't as prominant, so this may be worth a re-visit if possible. The strong graphic lines of the road deck bottom really carry the image. Nice job exploring the different perspective.

Tom Dolezal
10-13-2009, 01:11 AM
Very interesting perspective with the wide angle distortion. Good EXP, only wish you didn't have the shadows in the pillars.

Thanks for commenting Fabs - much appreciated. The shadow is a difficult one as from this spot you are facing North with sunrise coming from the RH with sunset on LH. On either side of this end of the bridge there is a small hill. Therefore, apart from around midday you are always going to get some shadow on the nearside pillers.

Tom

Tom Dolezal
10-13-2009, 01:17 AM
Hi Tom,
Agree with Fabs.....unusual perspective and strong.... but the shadow on the uprights does take away some of the impact.....does look like you may be able to get there when the shadows aren't as prominant, so this may be worth a re-visit if possible. The strong graphic lines of the road deck bottom really carry the image. Nice job exploring the different perspective.

Cheers for your comments Roman - I wondered how you would regard this shot. As mentioned in my reply to Fabs the regarding the setting of the bridge so shadow is always going to be an issue at this end of the bridge.

Don't need much encouragement to go back to re-shoot as there is a nice pub very close to this spot :D

Tom

Robert Amoruso
10-13-2009, 08:51 AM
Tom,

Exactly the composition I would have made. I like it.

Tom Dolezal
10-14-2009, 03:23 PM
Tom,

Exactly the composition I would have made. I like it.

Thank you very much Robert for your comments - very much appreciated.

The bridge itself is a blot which spoils, imho, most landscape shots within its immediate area. A conventional style shot which shows the bridge with the highlands and lochs as a backdrop usually gets comments along the lines of 'lovely scenery but shame about the concrete bridge' so this was my attempt at a different approach.

Tom