PDA

View Full Version : Bald Eagle

Gail Spitler
10-10-2009, 10:41 AM
Hi All - Captured this image on a cloudy with periods of rain day along a river in a rather narrow valley. The eagles perch in towering cedars and black cottonwoods. They are extremely wary. So the shooting is HH, out of the car window.
This is a significant crop.
Your comments and critiques are much appreciated. Thanks for looking.
Cheers
Gail
Canon 50D with 500mm + 1.4x, f/6.7, 1/1500 sec, aperture priority with EV -0.5, ISO 800

carole wiley
10-10-2009, 03:35 PM
Hi Gail,

Whites look a bit hot from here but HH...it's sharp. I like the pose and the crop....wish I had one like it.

Lance Peters
10-10-2009, 04:57 PM
Hi Gail - whites are up there though not technically over, I see a blue fringing around the head.
Good HA and eye contact - magnificent bird - the BG is what it is.

Looking forward to seeing more :)

Alfred Forns
10-10-2009, 05:01 PM
Hi Gail Agree with Carole on the whites, original might be a little over but should be an easy PS fix. Besides the whites might also increase contrast in the body. I like how you moved the body a little right.

Bg is what it is and would only try softening just a bit with a brush. Good capture !!!

Gus Cobos
10-10-2009, 07:28 PM
Hi Gail,
What a majestic bird...I like the framing, you have a good head angle and sharp eye contact, with good feather details...looking forward to the next one...:cool:

Gail Spitler
10-11-2009, 10:01 AM
Thanks everyone - the blue fringe on the head is a result of last minute boast in sharpness, contrast, and clarity ala LR2. I appreciate Lance's sharp eyes. I'll tone down the white and work on the bg a bit.
Thanks again
Gail

Jackie Schuknecht
10-11-2009, 07:55 PM
Very nice capture Gail. Held up well with the large crop. Hope you get more chances to photograph this lovely bird.

Gail Spitler
10-12-2009, 10:53 AM
Jackie - thanks for the comments - most kind
Cheers
Gail