PDA

View Full Version : One more from Parambikulam

Bibhav Behera
10-10-2009, 04:04 AM
This one was again shot in Parambikulam.

Nikon D80 with 18-135mm at 18mm
SS 1/100
F 10
ISO 200

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_m6-E9SjFucI/Ssgzr5pYtJI/AAAAAAAACXo/ozeGv3nqIEA/s1600/Bibhav_September%2B28,%2B2009_DSC_0177-2_-3__tonemapped.jpg

Robert Amoruso
10-10-2009, 07:54 AM
Bibhav,

I like your series of images from this area. I believe here I would have preferred to see the tree at right eliminated. The trunk is barely visible and the hanging branch is merging with the land mass and growth on the far shore. This could have worked better by crouching down to eliminate the tree branch altogether or crouching and moving to the right to include more of the tree trunk and branch as a frame with the overhanging branch merging with the BG foliage.

Bibhav Behera
10-10-2009, 10:21 AM
Thanks Robert. Will try the same next time I'm shooting

Roman Kurywczak
10-10-2009, 12:22 PM
Hi Bibhav,
Very nice job on the exposure but I do agree with Robert on the tree.....its not a strong enough element to act as a frame in this case so eliminating it was the way to go. I do like the raft?/plank in the water......placing that in a ROT (rule of thirds) position would help strengthen the comp and its impact. As Robert mentioned and I will stress.....minor changes in position...left/right.....higher/lower can greatly affect the images composition so try walking around the area with just the camera......w/o the tripod you can compose more quickly and explore many different angles.....then after you find one....set the tripod up and shoot away! Sometimes the first composition that grabs our eye isn't the best one so exploring it in different vantage points may give you some pleasant surprises.

Fabs Forns
10-10-2009, 06:29 PM
Great advise by Robert and Roman. I like the clouds and the reflection and the little woos path going in the water.