PDA

View Full Version : Just Experimenting

Ed Vatza
10-09-2009, 08:59 PM
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s1/EdV_02/0907_UhlerstownCoveredBridgeHDR_002.jpg

I've been playing around a bit with Topaz Adjust of late. Today, I decided to spring for the entire Topaz suite for Photoshop. So now in addition to the Adjust plug-in, I have six others - Simplify, Detail, DeNoise, Clean 2, ReMask and DeJPEG! So I started to play around a bit. This image of the Uhlerstown Covered Bridge over the Delaware Canal below Upper Black Eddy, PA started as an HDR Image. I then worked the image in Topaz Adjust before fine tuning details in Topaz Detail. I kinda liked what I had but figured why stop now so I continued on into Topaz Simplify. This was the final result.

Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Dave Mills
10-09-2009, 09:31 PM
Hi Ed, Bright colors with a pleasing painterly look. Good placement of bridge being off center...

denise ippolito
10-09-2009, 09:54 PM
Ed, Nice that you got the bundle! I like the upped saturation. It gives the image a fun playful look.

Harshad Barve
10-10-2009, 12:37 AM
amazing painting with grand choice of colors
TFS

Christopher Miller
10-10-2009, 06:34 PM
Beautiful painting effect, Ed. Love the bright colors! The only thing I might change is the sky in the ULC. I find that area has a tendency to draw my eye, so I might lower the saturation a little in that area, or clone over it. Very minor point though!

Ed Vatza
10-11-2009, 04:10 AM
Thanks folks. I do like the way this has turned out particularly given the fact that it was my first attempt with the new plug-ins. And while I have a thick notebook full of the user manuals for the seven Topaz plug-ins, I just jumped in and started playing around.

Julie Kenward
10-11-2009, 10:45 AM
Love those bright colors, Ed! I want to get that suite one day but the budget says otherwise right now. I'm wondering if you considered leveling the bridge at all?

Ed Vatza
10-11-2009, 10:54 AM
I'm wondering if you considered leveling the bridge at all?

It is. :) It's the perspective that can throw you off. The base of the bridge is level so the peak slants down toward the back. If I level the top, the bottom will slant up. Or are you thinking something different? If you look at my factory Falls image in Landscape you will see that I have a similar issue there.