PDA

View Full Version : Reflections In The Tetons

Judy Lynn Malloch
10-09-2009, 04:11 PM
Unfortunately there were several fires going when we were there and thus a smokey haze covered the mountains slightly. Still it was gorgeous to se all the beautiful colors and the reflections which lasted only a few minutes.

Nikon D3
Nikon 70 to 200 mm F2.8
ISO 400
1/640, F11

All comments are appreciated.

Fabs Forns
10-09-2009, 04:24 PM
Beautiful. Judy. Shame on the hazy conditions due to NPS fires.
I think it needs a CCW rotation.

Harold Davis
10-09-2009, 04:27 PM
agree with fabs on the rotation. but this is one peaceful scene! even with the haze. is it me or do the clump of yellow trees need to be desaturated a little? either way, i love it!!

D. Robert Franz
10-09-2009, 05:22 PM
Very nice scene for the conditions we had to work with.. Slight rotation as mentioned above.....

Alfred Forns
10-09-2009, 06:13 PM
Great view Judy !!! Sure wish we had less smoke but beautiful still Love the reflection and fall colors !!!

Robert Amoruso
10-10-2009, 08:13 AM
Judy,

Nice balance of the mountains in the BG and the fall foliage in the FG. Agree on the CCW mentioned and the oversaturation in the yellows.

Compositions like this (clear reflection on water) can work well with the horizon in the center, I think this looks better with the top cropped down to just above the clouds. I would suggest darkening the sky some too. I like the look and deep blue of the FG lake as my eye moves to the foliage and the mountain but I start to lose the tranquil feeling when I get to the sky - that is why I feel you need less of it.

Nice work as always.

Roman Kurywczak
10-10-2009, 12:03 PM
Hi Judy,
Excellent advice given above. Agree with rotation advice and yellow sat but very easy fixes. Did you use a polariser?.....this may have helped with the haze but you would have to be careful not to eliminate the reflection. I like that you placed the mountain in the ROT position and with just a slight darkening of the sky this will turn out very nicely! I would also be tempted to take some off the sky for more of a pano as Robert suggested.....just emphasizes the line nicely. ......considering the obstacles these minor tweaks will really make this shine!